Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it too late?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 53 Replies
I been rethinking about getting my tubes clamped. My bfs grandma telling every time I talk to her I don't need more kids, my bf saying if we break up to just get them removed. He won't get snipped but wants me too. Its not fair imo. At my obgyn appt. I signed the papers asking state if it was ok...but now i dont want it done. Im due in 8 days, is it too late for me to tell her I change my mind???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
No, just call the office and try to make an appointment to talk to her. Make sure they at least put it in your chart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Nope! It's your choice. Just don't forget to tell them. Personally, I. wouldn't do it. For one, the failure rate it too high if it's done right after birth. Two, I don't want to risk getting post tubal ligation syndrome. And three, if I broke up with bf I would want the option of having another baby if I found someone new. And you're right. It's not fair. The fact that he even mentioned the possibility of breaking up someday would be enough to stop me in my tracks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Ok. Thanks. Its just the pressure. Mostly my bfs grandma. Makes me sad everytime she brings it up whenever I talk and see her. Its like, come on, u asked me same thing and lecture me same everytime stfu. Seriously.

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

No, just call the office and try to make an appointment to talk to her. Make sure they at least put it in your chart.

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I know! What made matters worse was when I said I won't get them tied just incase we break up so I have chance kids if meed someone knew he was like "then I shouldnt have said anything " wtf thats controlling!!

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Nope! It's your choice. Just don't forget to tell them. Personally, I. wouldn't do it. For one, the failure rate it too high if it's done right after birth. Two, I don't want to risk getting post tubal ligation syndrome. And three, if I broke up with bf I would want the option of having another baby if I found someone new. And you're right. It's not fair. The fact that he even mentioned the possibility of breaking up someday would be enough to stop me in my tracks.

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
My last appt before my c section is the 24th. Il talk to her then or should I call and tell her over the phone
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. You can change your mind right up to the moment they knock you out. If you're not 100% sure then go for another option like an IUD. Still long term but not permanent. I definitely would not go for it with a boyfriend who is saying he won't get fixed in case you break up, that warrants a slap to the back of the head.
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Just tell him about the tubal ligation syndrome and tell him having it done can turn you into a hormonal b. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
He said its because of money but yet hes spending a lot of tax money going to concert called rock on the range. Hes like your insurance covers it so u should get it done sice you're having c section. No, its not fair on me. Thats a lot of pressure. He doesn't understand how I feel.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Not at all. You can change your mind right up to the moment they knock you out. If you're not 100% sure then go for another option like an IUD. Still long term but not permanent. I definitely would not go for it with a boyfriend who is saying he won't get fixed in case you break up, that warrants a slap to the back of the head.

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I never heard of that...

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Just tell him about the tubal ligation syndrome and tell him having it done can turn you into a hormonal b. Lol!

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM

nope, you can cancel anytime but, do it before youre on the table! LOL 

And no its not fair if he is pressuring you :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)