Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Miscarriage?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

In July - when I found out I had a m/c...there was NO bleeding or cramping. I just went in for an u/s and there was no heartbeat. I was only 8 weeks along. They had to give me some meds so I could actually pass the baby.

Well now I'm 5ish weeks along. My only symptoms have been slight cramping and I'm always super hungry. My today...nothing!! And I'm worried the baby might have "passed away" inside and I just don't know it yet. My 1st u/s isn't until Friday the 25th.

In July, during my 1st pregnancy, I had some symptoms, and then one day they were just gone...completely. And then i found out I m/c'd. And I'm just worried it may have happened again.

My question is...if I take a pregnancy test - will that come out neg. if I DID m/c??

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
after a mc, tests still show up pos. because the hormones are still present. Take it easy! Stay hydrated. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? ((((((Baby dust))))))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your first loss :(

As for right now, I'm not sure. I just hope you are not miscarrying & go on to have a healthy baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clei420
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand your concern I've been there myself and I am so sorry for your lose.
I had a MC in March it started on Sunday and by the time I got to the doctor on Monday my urine test was negative. I passed my baby at the office.
With my current pregnancy I went from having symptoms to none and I thought I was gonna MC again but I didn't I am guessing that my hormones were leveling out or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
try not to worry (easier said than done i know) when i m/c i had lots of symptoms and when i was prego with dd i didnt have them till about second tri. Just try and relax because thats best for baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaozier
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

thanks ladies

jessicaozier
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I'am. Thank you. Just so nerve wrecking!

Quoting Owl_Feather:

after a mc, tests still show up pos. because the hormones are still present. Take it easy! Stay hydrated. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? ((((((Baby dust))))))

pacificamom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

just hang in there for 5 days, they'll see what's going on then

group hug

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM

it is very common for symptoms to come and go. i definately understand you worry though. but like other havesaid, try to relax. read a book, watch a funny movie, take a bath (luke warm, real warm/hot can cause m/c), buy some aromatherapy type lotion and use it, write, whatever it is you do to relax. good luck and keep us updated !

Duenov30
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM
If you're worried you can call an dance you're still kind of early maybe have blood tests to see if its rising. With my last mc I also just stopped having symptoms and went in two weeks later an the heartbeat had stopped. I'm currently 9 weeks now and I don't have another appointment until feb 15 and she sd if fr some reason my symptoms just disappear she sd mainly the tiredness than to call and they'd check things out since they went away last time. So maybe call and see what they say just so you feel better about it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I  have had a loss to and got pregnant exactly 1 year after my loss so I know how scary it can be.  But do your best to just stay positive and try not to think about it.  And if it makes you feel any better I had no symptoms at all when I was pregnant with my dd just a missed period and she is now a happy and healthy almost 4 year old.  I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully you get some good news at your appointment ((Hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN