Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

almost 24 weeks and...(maybe tmi)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 2 Replies
I feel pressure on my vagina??? Idle what it is or what to do I'm not having contractions I don't think (cramping on and off) but all of a sudden ill feel a pinching pain? Idk how to explain it.. advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Star127
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Sounds like.what i get, im 34 weeks and for me its just increased further a long i get. If im home i put my legs up if im anywhere else sitting a lityle straddle helps keep the pressure off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

It sounds like 1 of 2 things:

1.) round ligament pain. It feels like it's pressure on the top of your vagina/cervix and can usually be a sharp pain that lasts anywhere from like 5 to 30 seconds, usually about 10 for me. That's just because you're growing and there's more pressure on those ligaments. Try making sure you're moving slowly, as getting up or sitting down/ getting in and out of the car and such basically stretches them quickly and just makes it hurt.

2.) you could be getting inflamation around the opening of your vagina/labia, which is generally caused by the amound of weight starting to push down on your vag as your baby grows. you can even get varicose veins around the opening, isn't that special? It doesn't sound like anything to wrry about. I'm 36 weeks and have been getting both those things since 32 weeks, the round ligament pain started as early as 16 weeks but increased in frequency by the time I hit around 20 weeks. It sounds like you're fine to me, just make sure you're drinking lots of water and not overexerting yourself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)