Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Needing some answers, somewhat concerned. (may be a little TMI)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 18 weeks and here lately I've been noticing a LOT more discharge than usual, an it's a white-ish creamy color. My mum says it's normal, but on one of the papers my doctor gave me it said something about if there's more than usual to ask about it. Well, it's kind of double the discharge I am accustomed to.

Also, I've been noticing trace amounts of blood when I wipe after I poo, I'm concerned although I've heard it can be normal. Is there something I should do about it?

Any advice would be appreciated and help greatly.
Thanks for reading this even though the TMI.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
myusernamedied
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

BUMP

jazzylady88
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

a lil more discharge is normal..its when it changes color or theres an odor you should worry...and alot of women get hemroids while pregnant and that causes minor bleeding after you go poo...ive had them almost the entire pregnancy because of constipation...

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

shortly after gettiing into my 2nd trimester (im 23 weeks now), my discharge changed. much like you have discribed, and my dr told me that it is just fine and normal, that there isnt anything to worry about.

as for blood after you poo, could be the begining of hemmeroids, which is SUPER common during pregnancy. not sure how they are taken care of (so far i have been lucky not to get them) but i know they are much more painful than serious.

myusernamedied
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Is there something I should do or is it just fine? It doesn't hurt or anything, which I find strange.

Quoting jazzylady88:

a lil more discharge is normal..its when it changes color or theres an odor you should worry...and alot of women get hemroids while pregnant and that causes minor bleeding after you go poo...ive had them almost the entire pregnancy because of constipation...

CafeMom Tickers
jazzylady88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

next appt id mention it to the dr..theyll either tell you its fine or do a culture just to be safe and make sure you dont have an infection..but i think youll be alright..

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I had a lot of extra discharge while I was pregnant, as long as it doesn't smell funny or look too out of the ordinary.  As far as the blood when you poop, could be hemorrhoids, which is normal too!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)