Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ugh. it just isnt fair ! (silly rant)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 21 Replies

does anyone else's df/dh/so walk around in just boxers? or even boxers and a t-shirt? 

mine does and i absolutely hate it BECAUSE i CANT. Now, if we lived on our own, i definately would. i hate wearing pants now that i am pregnant. even maternity pants seem to hurt after a few hours into the day. but we live at the parents. and though df doesnt go downstairs with just boxers, because he wont do it infront of my mom, he does upstairs, in our little "apartment" set up. because the only person who EVER comes up without asking first, is my brother, so ofcourse df doesnt care. but me? wearing underwear and a t-shirt, with my little brother walking in? ugh, no. that would be horrid. 

JUST NOT FAIR guys can so easily get away with this !

ok, rant over :p

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockyhugs35
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
That wouldn't bother me one bit. I need to be comfortable too. Dh and I actually had a set up like that for a little over a year. Same deal, at my parents and my brother would randomly come up. But it's my place so I finally put my foot down and told him he needs to text or call before he wants to come "visit "
Plus I don't see the big deal with your brother seeing you in your underwear and a shirt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Star127
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I hear you, lol. I b darn if my brother or sister for that matter sees me in just tshirt and underwear..were not kids anymore so i call for modesty!
jesuschild06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM

well unfortunately, my brothers room is upstairs as well. though we have a mini kitchen, nursery, bedroom, and livingroom set up for ourselves, he also has a bedroom up here, and he has to walk through our livingroom to get to it. there is only one bedroom downstairs, and thats the parents. 

my brother isnt really "little". if he was still a kid, it wouldnt be that big of a deal. but he is 19, constantly has friends over, boys and girls, and it wouldnt be fair to make him ask before coming to his room.

though it will be different when i am breastfeeding, it will be much easier to throw the burp cloth over my boob, than have a blanket large enough to cover me now.

Quoting rockyhugs35:

That wouldn't bother me one bit. I need to be comfortable too. Dh and I actually had a set up like that for a little over a year. Same deal, at my parents and my brother would randomly come up. But it's my place so I finally put my foot down and told him he needs to text or call before he wants to come "visit "
Plus I don't see the big deal with your brother seeing you in your underwear and a shirt.

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly ! though i dont care so much if my sister sees me, i do prefer it not to happen. and it doesnt even have to do with being uncomfortable with my body. its just..... it is not theirs to see. (nor my brothers friends lol)

Quoting Star127:

I hear you, lol. I b darn if my brother or sister for that matter sees me in just tshirt and underwear..were not kids anymore so i call for modesty!

Amycapl
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

i bet if your brother came in and saw you half dressed, he'd start knocking :)  that's my 2 cents

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM

lol thats possible. i know if i actually asked him he would knock. but i dont feel its right for me to make him ask if he can come up to his room yet just for my pleasure. itll be different when baby comes, but.... i guess its just me :p

Quoting Amycapl:

i bet if your brother came in and saw you half dressed, he'd start knocking :)  that's my 2 cents

Mommap87
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The best part about being preggers i buying girl "boxers" from the pj section or lots of pj pants and plain   t-shirts its the most comfy EVER and if your home why not get some?

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Why not wear a baggy Tshirt or tank and loose/baggy shorts. There are plenty other ways to be comfy. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanper29
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I was just thinking if u have ur own little private space why doesnt ur brother knock first? Im sure he would start knocking if he walked in on u in only ur undies. I know thats a doublesided sword. U dont want him.seeing u in ur undies and he probably doesnt want to see that either. Lol. U need to be comfortable.
jesuschild06
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i keep thinking about getting more pj pants, but havent wanted to spend the money. i have TONS of pj pants (and i have always liked them a size or 2 larger than i actually needed) and the arent any better than the maternity pants i have. but i think i might go and buy at least 2 pairs later this week. first, the car has to be fixed though. gotta make sure i have enough money for that !

Quoting Mommap87:

The best part about being preggers i buying girl "boxers" from the pj section or lots of pj pants and plain   t-shirts its the most comfy EVER and if your home why not get some?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)