Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

2 days late.... Edit, 7 days late... Now 11 days

Posted by   + Show Post
And in a few minutes, 3 days late. I tested 4 days ago and it was negative buuut I'm thinking now I should test again. I can't believe it we were so so careful!!! We used condoms, hardly touched each other and I tested for ovulation every day and never got a positive. If I'm pregnant this is pregnancy 6 and possibly baby 5 in 8 years.

I refuse to be upset about it if I am pregnant, it will work out and all my kids are awesome but I want to be done, at least for a few years! Lol, my body is tired! I think my husband has super sperm. Super sperm with tools.

edit: I peed on a stick and it was negative. I'm happy with that but still suspicious. If I don't get AF in a few days I'll test again

Edit: urg! I was due for AF on the 18th and its the 22 now. Still no sign of it.
I did take another equate hpt and it looks negative to me however I feel like there is a super super faint plus sign. I think it's just my imagination though.

Edit: 6 days late and counting.

Edit: day 7 and no sign of AF.

Edit again :

Took another test and it had a super faint line. The line appeared after the cutoff though so I don't trust it. I will be testing again in a few days. I am 11 days late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (31-39):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

What tests are you using? I ask because I was using dollar store tests with my last pregnancy and didn't get a positive until I was a week late. And when I did get a positive, it didn't turn until an hour after I tested. It happened with 2 tests. Then I took a FRER and it was instantly positive. I've talked to other women who had the same problem. 

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I'm using the dollar store tests. They have always been very accurate for me, even if sometimes they don't turn positive until after the time limit. I've never been this late in my life and have never waited this long for a positive test.
I've never gotten a positive on any othe test but the dollar store kind. Even after the dollar store test says + the more expensive tests are negative.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

What tests are you using? I ask because I was using dollar store tests with my last pregnancy and didn't get a positive until I was a week late. And when I did get a positive, it didn't turn until an hour after I tested. It happened with 2 tests. Then I took a FRER and it was instantly positive. I've talked to other women who had the same problem. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I used to have no problems with dollar store tests. But I think they changed the way they make them recently.

Either way, sounds like you are pregnant if you got a positive on a dollar store test, even though it was late. Congrats!

Quoting norahsmommy:

I'm using the dollar store tests. They have always been very accurate for me, even if sometimes they don't turn positive until after the time limit. I've never been this late in my life and have never waited this long for a positive test.
I've never gotten a positive on any othe test but the dollar store kind. Even after the dollar store test says + the more expensive tests are negative.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I'm pretty sure they changed them too. They don't seem to be as good as they were. Since it was after the time limit I suppose it could have been an evap line but that's only happened to me once with a blue dye test. I will be testing again in a couple of days to be sure. Actually I'll probably go to te store and get 5 tests and test every day for a while, lol. I'm a POAS-aholic.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I used to have no problems with dollar store tests. But I think they changed the way they make them recently.

Either way, sounds like you are pregnant if you got a positive on a dollar store test, even though it was late. Congrats!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnitaA
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Take a digital test! I know they're more expensive but no more guessing if the lines are there or not :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Good luck hun!!  It sounds like you have a great attitude if it does test positive.  You are right...it will all work out.

TLIF1281
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM

My sister has teh same problem LOL! She has teh mirena and had tried to talk the doc in to tying her tubes but he said he wasn't goin to because of her scar tissue from teh c-sections and he told her mirenan was the way to go for her... She is 8 weeks pregnant.... She has 5 kids. They were done after the 4th one but that was when she got preggy on the depo..... She is now tryin to talk the doc in to removing it all after she has this one. Doc is already sayin he doesn't think it's a good idea... Sh ehas other health issues and the doc is weighin the risks. She is threatening to go to another country lol!

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Dh was supposed to get a vasectomy right after we had our last surprise baby. He had to cancel his procedure the day before because the office realized they needed some forms processed by our insurance. Dh never called to reschedule. He now doesn't want to get it done at all because he thinks he will be one of the 'lucky' few who has long term complications. I can't blame him, that's why I don't want to do anything permanent either. Dh always jokes that we will have 8 kids.

Quoting TLIF1281:

My sister has teh same problem LOL! She has teh mirena and had tried to talk the doc in to tying her tubes but he said he wasn't goin to because of her scar tissue from teh c-sections and he told her mirenan was the way to go for her... She is 8 weeks pregnant.... She has 5 kids. They were done after the 4th one but that was when she got preggy on the depo..... She is now tryin to talk the doc in to removing it all after she has this one. Doc is already sayin he doesn't think it's a good idea... Sh ehas other health issues and the doc is weighin the risks. She is threatening to go to another country lol!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mellissa1990
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)