Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Avoiding Induction...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

So - tomorrow I will go to the doctor to see if I've dialated more since the last time, and to see if labor is starting soon. My platelets dropped a LOT in just a week and so they said they'll have to induce me if I don't have any progress. I REFUSE to have a c-section due to a "time limit" I want what's best for me and my baby. I don't want to do any drugs I don't have to.

I'm hoping to avoid pitocin alltogether but we'll see what happens. I know I don't want to wait to delivering if it risks me bleeding out and stuff so I guess I feel more comfortable getting induced than a c-section. But I just really need tips on how to induce NATRUALLY! I want to have this baby without drugs! Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Feel free to pm me if you don't want to reply here.

Thanks in advance!

So, I was induced with pitocin for 18 hours and still not really dialated so I told them I was done stressing baby and having all those drugs. So, here I am at home still pregnant! I feel so bad but baby's GREAT! He'll come when he's ready!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilaynasmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Sex sex sex wall walk walk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mistweave
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

sex, walking, sometimes spicy food or pineapple?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM
walk. Stairs. Bounce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Sex and walking.

After that, have them strip your membranes, maybe. If you want to avoid induction with Pitocin, you can try a foley bulb/balloon.Good luck!

How far along are you?

Momma2013
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

39 weeks on Wednesday.

I've been having sex a lot recently, it isn't helping anything. I've been doing a lot of walking, stairs everything. I don't know what else to do now. But I really want to avoid pitocin or breaking my water. I know how hospitals work with their 24hr time limit of delivery and I DO NOT want a c-section.

If it wasn't for health/safety reasons I wouldn't even consider inducing. But I want this to be a happy healthy delivery/recovery. :)

Quoting mem82:

Sex and walking.

After that, have them strip your membranes, maybe. If you want to avoid induction with Pitocin, you can try a foley bulb/balloon.Good luck!

How far along are you?

Devious103102
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

So don't let them. The great thing about things like this is, at the end of the day, it's all up to you, they can't MAKE you do anything.  Good luck hun.

Momma2013
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

But when is it crossing the safe line? I don't want to risk excessive bleeding or anything. I think we'll be trying to Foley Bulb before any chemicals, then some other things she's suggested. I don't know, it's just getting to the point where he needs to come and we both need to be healthy. THANKS! :) 

Quoting Devious103102:

So don't let them. The great thing about things like this is, at the end of the day, it's all up to you, they can't MAKE you do anything.  Good luck hun.

Devious103102
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

You can always ask for extra monitoring (u/s, non-stress test/stress test, blood work etc) to monitor how you and baby are doing and go from there, and deff look into other forms of induction (cervidil, foley bulb, etc) before moving onto pitocin.

Quoting Momma2013:

But when is it crossing the safe line? I don't want to risk excessive bleeding or anything. I think we'll be trying to Foley Bulb before any chemicals, then some other things she's suggested. I don't know, it's just getting to the point where he needs to come and we both need to be healthy. THANKS! :) 

Quoting Devious103102:

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Sorry can't help, the only things I could think of were sex and walking.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM

What is your platelet count? Why not look at getting that count up through diet and supplements, instead of looking at an induction as the first course of treatment? 

If you decide to induce, HERE is a link with options other than Pitocin, to use in a medical/birthing center setting! Hope it helps! : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN