Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cloth diapering questions!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have some questions about cloth diapering. I'm really wanting to do it this time around instead of wasting money on disposables. But I wanted to know should I get the pre-folded ones that you can put the disposable liners in?? They seem pretty expensive, the diapers themselves anyway. But the disposable liners seem a lot cheaper than buying diapers all of the time!! If I were to go with them, where is the best place to buy them?? Also how hard is it with cloth diapering when you are out on the go?? Do you still use them or do you switch to disposables??

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The best adcvice I got and aways give is. Read up on all the different kinds. Get a few in the ones you think you might like. Try them out and then get more of the ones you really like.

I did just that and found out what I thought I really would have liked. I did not like as much as another kind. But as she got older I started to like the other kind more.

I get most of mine from WAHM's. We have one local store in my area you can buy them from.

When I am out and about it is not hard at all. We also do it when we are on vacation.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I just started using cloth. Right now I have 10 prefolds and 4 plastic pants for them and 7 pocket diapers. I have 9 more pockets on theway to me as well.
For us the pockets work just like disposables,I wash them and stuff them and all df has to do is change them.
I have only been using the cloth forabout a week, but we have used them on a few short trips to town. I really need to get a wet bag for when we are out.
I tried one overnight and just overstuffed it and we had no leaks.
The prefolds are nice to have, but I don't like them that much. If I had snappis to use instead of pins I think I'd like them better. Side ds won't wear the plastic pants I have to change him within minutes of him peeing to prevents puddles, but one day he took a 2 hour nap in a pelf with the pants on and no leaks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I cd full time and have for 2 1/2 years. I'll also cd the baby on the way. :) I've never tried the ones with the disposable liners because I haven't heard anything good about them. Go join cuties with cloth booties also cloth diapering mamas. They both have great stickies with all the basic info to get you started. :)
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Are you using pins?? And plastic pants?? Girl, that's old school!! Lol ;) Join cuties with cloth booties and cloth diapering mamas and read the faq stickies, if you haven't already. I'm sure you'll ditch at least the plastic pants when your pockets arrive. I used prefolds and covers for a long time and never needed pins or snappis - just did the angel wing fold and the cover kept it in place. :)

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I just started using cloth. Right now I have 10 prefolds and 4 plastic pants for them and 7 pocket diapers. I have 9 more pockets on theway to me as well.

For us the pockets work just like disposables,I wash them and stuff them and all df has to do is change them.

I have only been using the cloth forabout a week, but we have used them on a few short trips to town. I really need to get a wet bag for when we are out.

The prefolds are nice to have, but I don't like them that much. If I had snappis to use instead of pins I think I'd like them better. Side ds won't wear the plastic pants I have to change him within minutes of him peeing to prevents puddles, but one day he took a 2 hour nap in a pelf with the pants on and no leaks
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I'm in both groups. Ds won't wear the plastic pants so we need the pins. I love my pockets! They work great and when I all ds which diaper he'd rather wear, he always chooses cloth over disposable

Quoting TTC2Long:

Are you using pins?? And plastic pants?? Girl, that's old school!! Lol ;) Join cuties with cloth booties and cloth diapering mamas and read the faq stickies, if you haven't already. I'm sure you'll ditch at least the plastic pants when your pockets arrive. I used prefolds and covers for a long time and never needed pins or snappis - just did the angel wing fold and the cover kept it in place. :)

Quoting Firenygirl180:

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I thought I remembered seeing you in cwcb. :) I "know" you from some other group, too... I'm terrible at keeping SNs straight! Lol.

I have mostly pockets, too, but I'm now really loving ai2s. They wash cleaner and dry faster than ai1s and you don't have to stuff, you just snap in the insert and go and you can still adjust the absorbancy like a pocket. They are more $ though, so I don't have many. Yet. ;)

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I'm in both groups. Ds won't wear the plastic pants so we need the pins. I love my pockets! They work great and when I all ds which diaper he'd rather wear, he always chooses cloth over disposable

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
You're in my April ddg. Lol. I liked the idea of pockets and df likes them as well and he was very anti cloth. Now that we have started using them they are growing on him. I have almost enough for ds for 2-3 days, but none for baby yet

Quoting TTC2Long:

I thought I remembered seeing you in cwcb. :) I "know" you from some other group, too... I'm terrible at keeping SNs straight! Lol.

I have mostly pockets, too, but I'm now really loving ai2s. They wash cleaner and dry faster than ai1s and you don't have to stuff, you just snap in the insert and go and you can still adjust the absorbancy like a pocket. They are more $ though, so I don't have many. Yet. ;)

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
THAT'S it!! Lol. And ttc, too, right? Men have to see it to believe it. :/ I keep my pockets lined up on top of the changing table so all he, or occasionally fil, has to do is grab one and snap it on. Lol. I do everything else.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

You're in my April ddg. Lol. I liked the idea of pockets and df likes them as well and he was very anti cloth. Now that we have started using them they are growing on him. I have almost enough for ds for 2-3 days, but none for baby yet

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

pacificamom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM

http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/Economy-Prefold-Diaper-Package_2/

and cottonbabies.com

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Good for you!

We use cloth at home & disposables when we are going to be out for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)