Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant after mirena removal

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, i just found out that i'm pregnant and i'm some where between 4-5 weeks. I had my mirena iud removed the end of october and i never got a period until december. I have read a bunch of horror stories about women having miscarages because of the mirena messing up your lining in your uterus and i'm really worried.  So far I feel fine but i'm really nervous to tell my family and friends because of the fear of having a miscarage.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovehimforever
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I had mine out in July conceived in October. Currently almost 16 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie11908
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I am almost 8 weeks now after having mirena for a year and a half. :) I had mine removed the beginning of November and concieved early December... Congratulations!

Kmommy2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I had mine removed November 5th and got my BFP on December 28th! It happened alot faster than I expected and my period never even returned. Ive been really worried also for the same reason but so far things are going good! Congrats hope things go well(:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Steph925
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I had mine taken out in April and I baca me pregnant in late June and I'm 30 weeks pregnant right now no problems
pixxydust
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I had mine removed due to it moving. When it was removed it nicked my uterues and the doctor had to sear it closed. Still not pregnant. So I think it messed me up. Good luck with your pregnancy and congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixxydust
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I had mine removed due to it moving. When it was removed it nicked my uterues and the doctor had to sear it closed. Still not pregnant. So I think it messed me up. Good luck with your pregnancy and congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mna_823
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Try not to stress.  I'm a little over 31 weeks pregnant after having my IUD removed.  Took me 7 months to conceive.  Just try to relax, it doesn't mess everyone up.

sco7281
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I had mine out last march and am now past due... No problems with the pregnancy otjer then the little bugger not wanting to come out ha ha
kimbral3
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I had the mirena removed in July after having it for 5 years. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant with b/g twins!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured