Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Im tryin to get pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am tryn to get pregnant i was told if u have sex right after ur period then ur chances are good but now i have been gettin really bad headaches n my tummy feels funny but i dont know if im pregnant n i wont know till the 26 could i be
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLCrunch
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM

The average woman ovulates 14 days from the first day of her last period.

I'm sorry but I'm compeled to ask how old are you and are you truly ready for a child? I'm no one to judge, far be it for me to tell you that you aren't ready I just thought I'd ask. Secondly if you AND you're partner are ready emotionally and financially look into the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility or TCOYF.com. There's a lot that goes into the how and when, it's best to be informed to increase your chance. Good luck with everything. :)

theosgirl45
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If your having sex and a female pregnancy is always a possibility.  No one knows for sure when conceptions happens, its different for everyone.  I would try not to worry about it too awful much until its time to test, about a week or so after your missed period.  Good Luck!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darlene06
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Thank u
mrsjackson0329
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Its possible but your body will give you pregnancy symptoms if you are trying. My advice to you is to make yourself think you don't want it and you have a better chance of it actually happening for real.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

How old are you, dear? 

tjane3000
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM
A week before and a week after your period are usually the "safest" times, meaning not likely to get pregnant. Most women ovulate , on average, 2wks after their period. Everyone is different but that is a good place to start. You can take over the counter ovulation test to see when you are most fertile.
Darlene06
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I am 24
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM

You should track your cycles. Usually women ovulate in the middle of their cycles. You should be able to tell when you are ovulating based on cervical mucous. You would want to have sex starting a few days before you ovulate, during, and for a few days after. 

Kountry_Girl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Start tracking ovulation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN