Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Starting to get really scared!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter is scheduled to be delivered by c-section in a lil over 2 weeks on feb. 6th. This will be my second c-section (ds is 8yrs old) I'm starting to get really nervous tho! This hospital does things way different from the one where I had my son, and the docs seem so uninterested and disconnected to me. And since we're a military family I can't switch docs. Sorry just had to vent, and calm down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
theosgirl45
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had my 2nd csection I was really nervous too.  And I had it at the same hospital with the same doc.  I think its normal to be nervous about any type of surgery but especially nervous when that surgery is gonna affect you and your baby.  Having a baby is already cause to be nervous adding a csection on top just makes it more so I think.  Good Luck!

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I understand you being scared. I'm having a csection in June. However, never let military facilities say that you have no say in your care. You CAN switch doctors, though you may not have time now. You have a say in who your provider is and what kind if care you receive, they just prefer you not know it.
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

If you want to change doctors go to patient advocates and at least try.  You should feel comfortable with your care provider.

Randi02
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
You will be fine :)
Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katielawlor
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Nope :( the doc said the hospital wont do a vbac because of the risks involved which sucks!

Quoting Randi02:

You will be fine :)

Is a VBAC an option for you?

I'm having my 4th c section on Friday. I'm only nervous because shea being delivered earlier than I would like- at 37 weeks, 6 days.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I'm sorry you are scared.

Can you do a hospital tour & ask a bunch of questions to help ease your fears?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)