Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cloth Diapers-Please Educate Me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

The thought of using cloth diapers has crossed my mind but I know nothing about them.  I am only somewhat familiar with the old-timey cloth diapers.  I see they look much different now.  What is the difference?  How many do you need?  How do you go about the changing and washing process?  Anything else I'm not hitting on?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I don't know much about cloth diapers in the past, but I know there are many options now. Check out cottonbabies.com for really good pictures & descriptions.

I would say you need 8-12/day for a newborn. It helps to have enough for a few days so you don't have to wash constantly. I would try a few different kinds and not a whole lot of one type.

I change cloth diapers every two hours and more often when necessary. The diapers go into a wet bag instead of a garbage.

Washing is easy. I use original Tide liquid. I do a cold wash, hot wash w/tide, then cold wash. Then I hang covers on my drying rack & inserts and prefolds go into the dryer.

Good luck!! I use cloth on my 7mo & 2yo. We use mostly pockets, and prefolds/covers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

there's a group on here that i've heard is awesome.. i think they're called "cuties with cloth booties."  tons of info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN