Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Have you checked your cervix in late pregnancy?

Options:

yes

no

Other just incase lol

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

Did anyone check there own cervix in late pregnancy? I ask because i was talking to a firend today and she asked me if i was dilating and i told her i did not know i have not been checked yet but i will be at my next apt on the 31st. She looked at me kinda oddly and goes oh you can check if your dilated yourself. Is that even safe? i was shocked by her statment so it got me to wondering has anyone ever done this befor?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (31-33):
Kountry_Girl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Why is it such a big deal to check your cervix but its safe to have sex up until water breaks?..doesn't make much since to me I mean doctors use gloves and if u "try" to check your own make sure your hands are clean!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I can barely reach to wipe at this point, trying to reach my cervix would be an exercise in futility.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kountry_Girl:

Why is it such a big deal to check your cervix but its safe to have sex up until water breaks?..doesn't make much since to me I mean doctors use gloves and if u "try" to check your own make sure your hands are clean!

Cervix checking is risky, but doing it yourself is safer than having someone else do it.
Gloved hands don't promise sterile, one of the risks is pushing bacteria up into the cervix.
With sex, the body is normally already accustomed to that bacteria, not foreign.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured