Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My name is Heather and I am 17. I am a senoir in high school and I cant wait till I graduate plus I will be having my first baby this Summer. I am having a boy and naming him Jesse. My boyfriend and I are excited and nervous at the same time. I do not know what to expect but our parent did say that we will have to get used to being parents now and they will be there to support us every step of the way. This was not the way I wanted my life to go, but now I am dealing with it and I am grateful I have many people who do stand beside me. I also have thought about giving the baby up for adoption but I am a little scared since I would not like the fact that my baby will be raised by total strangers. Anyway's, I hope I can make new friends on here who are new moms and moms that already have children who can give me tips on what I have to look forward to.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Replies (11-12):
mommytobe05-13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I have done some research, but havn't really talked to anyone about it. I do want to talk to my boyfriend about it. But if we do decide, I am scared that I will regret it someday. It's like I don't know what I should do. I kind of want to speak to an adoption councelor about more information though. And if I cant go through it, then I might keep it. 

Quoting kmqw229:

Have you researched adoption or talked to anyone about it? It is possible if that is something you are willing to do.

Quoting mommytobe05-13:

He is a senoir also and we go to the same school. He has a part time job, so he sometimes goes to work after school. We don't live together because my mom thinks it is not right to be living together at a very young age and since we are both still in school but he comes around alot so that is nice. He has been working alot though so he can save up money for the baby. I will have to wait till we graduate though to move in with him and so we can start our family. It is scary though. He really wanted to go to college and become a doctor and now we have to put that on hold. That is why I am kind of thinking of adoption too since he want's to go college. I am hoping we can talk about this more though. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM
That is a very hard choice to make. Talking to someone might be a good idea for you, just so you know all of your options. Good luck!! I really hope things work out well for you!

Quoting mommytobe05-13:

I have done some research, but havn't really talked to anyone about it. I do want to talk to my boyfriend about it. But if we do decide, I am scared that I will regret it someday. It's like I don't know what I should do. I kind of want to speak to an adoption councelor about more information though. And if I cant go through it, then I might keep it. 

Quoting kmqw229:

Have you researched adoption or talked to anyone about it? It is possible if that is something you are willing to do.

Quoting mommytobe05-13:

He is a senoir also and we go to the same school. He has a part time job, so he sometimes goes to work after school. We don't live together because my mom thinks it is not right to be living together at a very young age and since we are both still in school but he comes around alot so that is nice. He has been working alot though so he can save up money for the baby. I will have to wait till we graduate though to move in with him and so we can start our family. It is scary though. He really wanted to go to college and become a doctor and now we have to put that on hold. That is why I am kind of thinking of adoption too since he want's to go college. I am hoping we can talk about this more though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN