Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

first ob appoint how many weeks

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 36 Replies
So I am 11 weeks and it took me a month and a half to get this appointment I didn't want it on a day where my ob was on call the nurse told me she wasn't but she was wrong. They called and cancelled and because of my work schedule and the doctor being full I can't get in again until 13 almost 14 weeks. Her so how many weeks do you ladies normally see you ob and does anyone else have the probably with your ob canceling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tjane3000
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM
First apt usually 8wks. They haven't cancelled but my doctor is always late
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM
My OB never cancels. He's the only one in his practice so if he needs to deliver a baby he just goes to deliver then comes back & see's his patients in between
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cbrice5
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
My first apt was scheduled for 10 weeks 6 days. I doubt I'll see my actual dr but I'm okay with that until I'm further along.
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I had my first two days after my hpt. It's a practice with 6Drs. One Dr works the hospital while the other five are in the office and you see them in rotation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HLmom89
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM
With my first son and second son we saw at 6weeks and little over 6weeks.
I am 6weeks pregnant with our last baby. Dr told me he doesnt want to see me til i am 10weeks.
MrS.GiFFord
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I thought I was 10 weeks but ended up being 12 via ultrasound.

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM
OBs in the area here don't see patients til 10 weeks. It is super hard to get an appointment to see my OB but they have never cancelled. If it becomes a habit with that office/OB you may want to look into someone else...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

have you thought about seeing another doctor in your ob's practice, because my ob's office wants me to see all the doctors because they are on call on a rotating basis an so it could be any of the doctors delivering me, so they want me an the doctors to all be familiar

try that

Amycapl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

it varies from practice to practice.  honestly though, if you're generally healthy and not in any high risk categories, there's no REAL reason to have to go at any specific time.  Lots of women don't use OBs at all, never enter a drs. office and have perfectly healthy babies :)  just make sure you're taking super good care of yourself and you'll be fine :)

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I go in as soon as I find out. like the same week. I have a history of ectopics so I have to be seen right away. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)