Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender ultrasound at 14 weeks?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 26 Replies

I know yall get this question quite a bit, but I need some advice asap!

We had an appt yesterday. According to my dates I'm 13weeks and 4days. According to the ultrasounds I'm 15 weeks today. The doctor said he was 80% positive it was a little boy. He did tell us not to paint the nursery yet, lol. But dh is beyond the moon excited. He's telling EVERYONE, and bragging. I'm trying to remind him it's still early, and at this stage little girls and little boys look very similar. He doesn't care. He's set on a boy, and I know he'll be crushed if it's another little girl. (NOT that he doesn't love dd, he just wants a little boy). 

I didn't see much of a "wee-wee", but dh and doc just knew they did. I feel like this one is a boy, and we have agreed on a name..I just need some reassurance, ladies. Did anyone else have an ultrasound this early and it confirm the gender? Or maybe it was wrong? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

i'm getting a 3D at 15 weeks, but you can get a 3D at 13 weeks to find out. i wouldn't go overboard with a regular u/s this early. i was talking to the nurse yesterday and they don't consider them accurate until 16-20 weeks. 

katie11908
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I found out my son who is now 19months when i was exactly 13 weeks and i had other ultrasounds that confirmed that throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Here was his ultrasound... People doubted at first it was a boy because of the lines but it was his testicles my ultrasound tech and doctor were very right

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I had two friends find out they were having boys at their high risk doctor at 13wks! Both were correct! Congrats!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quoting katie11908:

I found out my son who is now 19months when i was exactly 13 weeks and i had other ultrasounds that confirmed that throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Here was his ultrasound... People doubted at first it was a boy because of the lines but it was his testicles my ultrasound tech and doctor were very right

I wish I had a good pic to post, but you can only see his stuff on the dvd and I can't get that transferred to my computer.

CafeMom Tickers
SOCO101
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Quoting tjane3000:

I had two friends find out they were having boys at their high risk doctor at 13wks! Both were correct! Congrats!!

CafeMom Tickers
mommyde3boys
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first two boys they told me at 12 weeks with each of them but they said that they can't be 100% positive and sure enough, they are boys! Congrats!
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Had a ultrasound at 14 1/2 weeks  and my anatomy scan at 19 1/2 weeks. They both said boy!

here is scan from 14 1/2 weeks!

Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM
My high risk doctor told us the gender last week at 13 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM
My aunt was told at 13wks boy. My friend just went and found out at 14wks.
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I don't trust anything until 18-20 weeks... parts aren't fully developed yet.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured