Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gender ultrasound at 14 weeks?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know yall get this question quite a bit, but I need some advice asap!

We had an appt yesterday. According to my dates I'm 13weeks and 4days. According to the ultrasounds I'm 15 weeks today. The doctor said he was 80% positive it was a little boy. He did tell us not to paint the nursery yet, lol. But dh is beyond the moon excited. He's telling EVERYONE, and bragging. I'm trying to remind him it's still early, and at this stage little girls and little boys look very similar. He doesn't care. He's set on a boy, and I know he'll be crushed if it's another little girl. (NOT that he doesn't love dd, he just wants a little boy). 

I didn't see much of a "wee-wee", but dh and doc just knew they did. I feel like this one is a boy, and we have agreed on a name..I just need some reassurance, ladies. Did anyone else have an ultrasound this early and it confirm the gender? Or maybe it was wrong? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I had an ultrasound at 15 weeks and they said boy. I'm going back tomorrow for my 20 week ultrasound and we'll know for sure. Mine was pretty obvious though. lol

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

KariC33
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Dont get to excited yet because i know how crushed you feel when you get excited for something that isnt true. I say still keep your mind open for both genders because 15weeks is still very early. From my experience i had a gender u/s at a 3D place when i was 18weeks and the tech said 80% boy and we could clearly see something stick out i mean it was obvious to all of us that it was a boy.. I just found out im having a girl at my last u/s when iwas 32weeks. The "penis" we saw was actually gone lol. and my boy was actually a girl. So you ccan imagine how surprised we were. So just keep your minds open for both genders because we never actually know for sure till birth.  before 20weeks u/s arent very accurate

mrs.Martinez201
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM
That was about the time they told me with DD... they told me not to be over confident but it was a girl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Boys and girls look pretty identical at that developmental stage.

Arynbrittany
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out at 17 weeks that I was having a boy and it was right and I know of several correctly finding out at 15. Only really know of one that found out early and said boy then later said girl. Most are pretty accurate but I still wouldn't paint or anything lol

SOCO101
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Quoting KariC33:

Dont get to excited yet because i know how crushed you feel when you get excited for something that isnt true. I say still keep your mind open for both genders because 15weeks is still very early. From my experience i had a gender u/s at a 3D place when i was 18weeks and the tech said 80% boy and we could clearly see something stick out i mean it was obvious to all of us that it was a boy.. I just found out im having a girl at my last u/s when iwas 32weeks. The "penis" we saw was actually gone lol. and my boy was actually a girl. So you ccan imagine how surprised we were. So just keep your minds open for both genders because we never actually know for sure till birth.  before 20weeks u/s arent very accurate

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats on a little girl, though!

CafeMom Tickers
SOCO101
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Quoting KittyTussand:

Had a ultrasound at 14 1/2 weeks  and my anatomy scan at 19 1/2 weeks. They both said boy!

here is scan from 14 1/2 weeks!

That's exactly what ours LO looked like yesturday! So hopefully they're right!

CafeMom Tickers
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I'm getting a 3d at 16 weeks, that was the earliest anyone around her would do it. My ob was waiting until 20 weeks.

zionsmom1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

At 13 weeks with my dd I knew! I didn't announce it but we saw between the legs and I didn't see anything! and I had 2 boys already so I knew what it would look like. and indeed she was a girl!

MrsBorho
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM

i was 14 wekks 5 days i was told i was having a boy im 19 weeks and its definitly a girl!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN