Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

whats more common.. day or night labor?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 33 Replies

My mom said its more common that labor starts at night. Is that true? If it is why is that Im just curious...

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
It is more common at night, something to do with the uterus being more receptive to oxytocin at night. There's probably some evolutionary reason behind it, the menfolk being home to protect the vulnerable laboring woman instead of being out hunting or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Well can't say for my first cause I was induced but with my 2nd it was during the day, my water broke at 11am when I was doing my hair after 3 days of active labor and contactions 20min apart. She was born 2am the next day

jraedeaton
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

You were in labor for three days!!! What was that like???

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Well can't say for my first cause I was induced but with my 2nd it was during the day, my water broke at 11am when I was doing my hair after 3 days of active labor and contactions 20min apart. She was born 2am the next day

momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM

i went into labor the first 2 times at night, im hoping i just go into labor soon with this one. The first was 18 hrs, and the 2nd was 1 1/2 hr

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
With my first I went into labor at 4am. With my 2nd my water broke around 4am but contractions didn't start until almost 7 am. With my 3rd I was in early labor when I was induced at 3:30pm. I woke up in early labor with my 4th at 7:30 am but didn't hit active labor until close to noon.
tarakay0417
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
With ds I woke up a littl after 3 am in active labor. He was born at 4:26pm that day. Just over 13 hrs from start to finish.
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Painful, exhausting, mentally and physically. Had a dr appt every day for those 3 days. I had my membranes stripped twice, I couldn't even think about sex cause my body was so sore, walked a lot...freaked people out when I would have to stop and breathe through the contractions, took me 3hrs to go grocery shopping the day before my water broke. BUT I was determined to not be induced, my first induction was...traumatizing. I wouldn't even had a hospital birth except EVERYONE around me was so against it and fearful so I did it. But I had an amazing dr and had my 9lb DD with no epi, no meds and no tearing (which I feared the most). So to me it was worth it, especially since I will never have to do it again lol.

Quoting jraedeaton:

You were in labor for three days!!! What was that like???

Quoting Mommynwife26:

EcoModernMom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

had my dd at 1:01am.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Labor starts at night a lot because that's when the mom's body is relaxed.

munkiebaby
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I had 1 nite labor 2 day morning labors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN