Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need you ladies!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so i have 3 days until my due date, i was told if i dont go into labor by my next appt ill be induced. I have no signs of anything. The last few ive just had severe headaches, and he's slowed down alot. So please pray,and cross your fingers i pop soon 

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

why did they tell you that they need to induce you? technically you can go to 42 weeks... is there a medical reason?

momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My doctor will no let me go passed 41 weeks. I dont know why, but she said if i dont go on my own by thursday, that i will have a date scheduled. 

Quoting Larsbug:

why did they tell you that they need to induce you? technically you can go to 42 weeks... is there a medical reason?

Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

hmm...I can't help. I never dialated either, I ended up with 2 c-sections. Good luck though!

Quoting momsince04:

My doctor will no let me go passed 41 weeks. I dont know why, but she said if i dont go on my own by thursday, that i will have a date scheduled. 

Quoting Larsbug:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Devious103102
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM

No need to rush into an induction, if you don't want to do it DONT, BUT with the headaches and the baby slowing down I would opt for some extra monitoring instead (a u/s and deff a blood pressure test for you). 

momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I've only had 1 u/s and last time I couldn't feel him move they said it was fine as long as I feel him at least 1 time

Quoting Devious103102:

No need to rush into an induction, if you don't want to do it DONT, BUT with the headaches and the baby slowing down I would opt for some extra monitoring instead (a u/s and deff a blood pressure test for you). 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haymama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My edd was today but my 40wk appt is tomorrow so im not sure if she will bring up induction then or wait and see if i go to 41 wks. I have no signs of going into labor either as of right now
Cynthje
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM

So you never got a reason why? You do realise that the choice is up to you? 

Normal human gestation is 28-42 weeks so you are nowhere near that

kristyp.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Good luck!!! I have 3 weeks left and been getting headaches and dizzy again
momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM
No but, I go on Thursday so I will ask my doctor then. I saw a different doctor last week and it was the first time meeting her. I didn't agree with the plan to be induced.

Quoting Cynthje:

Cynthje
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Crap i meant 38-42 weeks (typo), if you dont agree then you shouldnt do it, its your body and your choice! Anyway good luck with your next appointment

Quoting momsince04:

No but, I go on Thursday so I will ask my doctor then. I saw a different doctor last week and it was the first time meeting her. I didn't agree with the plan to be induced.

Quoting Cynthje:

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN