Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First trimester and so so so sick!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ugh! I am 9 weeks an I have been violently ill the entire pregnancy so far. I never seem to get a break from it. I can barely keep anything down , even water, and I've lost well over 5 lbs. I went to the ER for an IV and a zofran perscription- which worked at first but the most recent refil has not been helping. I have no idea what to do. I just got a great part time job and I'm still a mother to a 3 year old. I can barely take care of him and I feel so awful. I am stuck on the couch all day unless I'm throwing up. :( Any suggestions, commiseration or kind words would be appreciated...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovepink2925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Half a tablet of Unisom and Vitamin B6 worked like a charm for my morning sickness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovepink2925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I was just as miserable as you were couldnt get off the couch,throwing up and couldnt leave the house. so called my doctor and that's what he told me take : ) Couldnt believe that it worked
Bella_Madre
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Quoting lovepink2925:

I was just as miserable as you were couldnt get off the couch,throwing up and couldnt leave the house. so called my doctor and that's what he told me take : ) Couldnt believe that it worked

Well, I'll try anything at this point. How much did you take?

lovepink2925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Unisom is a sleeping tablet that's why you only take a half a tablet,and it doesn't make you tired either and 1 vitamin b6 pill once a day or whenever you start feeling nausea
ImNotKarl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a group for all day sickness. I was dealing with that my whole first trimester, and the woman that started the group was really supportive and helpful.

Bella_Madre
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Thanks. I'll check it out :)

Quoting ImNotKarl:

There is a group for all day sickness. I was dealing with that my whole first trimester, and the woman that started the group was really supportive and helpful.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I was so sick in my first trimester too.  I used ginger gum and sea bands.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I'm no help. I have tried literally everything and gave in today.. I got the zofran and it's been a miracle. I'm sorry you're so ill. Have they brought up the possibility of Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

Bella_Madre
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Not yet. My obgyn didn't really talk to me about anything. She just wrote he perscription. :/ I'm going to lay off the zofran today and try the b6. See what happens...

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm no help. I have tried literally everything and gave in today.. I got the zofran and it's been a miracle. I'm sorry you're so ill. Have they brought up the possibility of Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

1stTimeMom2bATL
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry! Wish I knew of something that would help :( hopefully it will pass after the first trimester. Feel better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN