men having contractions

Before I had my son, I can remember thinking to myself, "C'mon, how bad can contractions really be? There's no way they're really that painful, right?"

And of course, about twenty seconds after labor set in, I knew I was wrong. Contractions hurt. They hurt like hell. I seriously felt like someone was twisting my insides and trying to rip them out of my body. But I guess there's really no perfect way of explaining the level of physical discomfort they cause unless you've actually had them, which is why two Dutch TV hosts decided to put that theory to the test.

Dennis Storm and Valerio Zeno got hooked up to contraction simulators all in an effort to accurately experience the pain of childbirth.

Check out this video to see their little experiment go down, and try not to double over in pain from laughing your butt off. Note: They video is in Dutch, but it's not hard to figure out what is going on. (And apparently "Jesus Christ" sounds the same in any language.)

OMG! Is that not one of the most hilarious things you've ever seen?

And are these dudes a couple-a nut jobs or what? Would you believe they actually endured two hours of the simulated contractions before throwing in the towel? (Still, that's a lot less time then most moms have to suffer.)

Hmm. It's hard not to wonder if the men in our lives would appreciate us a hell of a lot more if they were forced to get hooked up to one of these things. If nothing else, it would give them a much clearer understanding of just how hard we work to bring their babies into this world.

How do you think your man would do if he were put to this same contraction test?

Image via ProefkonijnenBNN/YouTube