Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I crazy!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 20 Replies

With my OB doctor I sat and researched for hours about each doctor in my area. I called offices, bugged friends and neighbors about theirs, I even got to do a interview before I picked my doctor. I had a complication with my 2nd c-section and Im scared about my 3rd. Now my sis is preggo and I am making her go through the same process. My hubby and mom think I am crazy but I want a kind doc that takes time with each patient and has many many years experience... for both of us! Is that crazy??

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
av0531
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Not at all! I wish I would have done that with my first miscarriage. The dr. Wanted to do a d&c on a baby that still had a heart beat. Needless to say I turned around and went to another dr the next day! I did end up having a mc but the baby's heartbeat was steady for almost 6 weeks after that. I couldn't bring myself to slash any chance of that baby surviving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Did you report that doctor??? That's horrible!

Quoting av0531:

Not at all! I wish I would have done that with my first miscarriage. The dr. Wanted to do a d&c on a baby that still had a heart beat. Needless to say I turned around and went to another dr the next day! I did end up having a mc but the baby's heartbeat was steady for almost 6 weeks after that. I couldn't bring myself to slash any chance of that baby surviving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I guess I wouldn't make my sis do it unless she wanted to.  If she does, more power to her.  I think it is important to be very selective on who the care provider is for you and your baby.

Roe1993
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I hope this doesn't make me seem to idiotic or anything, but what does d&c mean?

Quoting av0531:

CafeMom Tickers
MariaGentle
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I think you can advice your sister, but in the end, it is her choice.
alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting MariaGentle:

It is her choice, she asked me to guide her because its her 1st baby and she doesnt know where to start.

MariaGentle
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well there you go! You are not crazy! :)

Quoting alexislovesjr:

Quoting MariaGentle:

It is her choice, she asked me to guide her because its her 1st baby and she doesnt know where to start.

nicole2884
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Im unsure of my ob. An well make a decision after my first appointment
delialayla
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM

no your not crazy .... you just want a good a doctor...... example when you want surgery you dont just go to anybody you research them first and make sure they know what their doing....... thank god i found a great doctor to deliver my baby he delivered my two dd and im about to make an appointment for my third

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, i think its smart to make informed choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)