Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i am 28 weeks pregnant. and i have gained 49 lbs. i am very self concious of the fact that i've gained 49 lbs so far. i feel like this is WAYYYYY to much. should i be this upset? is 49 lbs THAT bad?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
excitedmama2013
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

sweets*

kristyp.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I'm 36 weeks and have gained almost 20
brightstar28
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the same boat!!! I feel huge. This is my first so I don't have any other experience with it and I don't have any good advice for you. Sorry!!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I gained 60lbs with each baby.

Mariah-1987
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
this is my 3rd baby and I gained 60#s with my previous 2. I will be 11 weeks on Friday and i am determined that I won't gain quite that much with this 1. I too started around 190. When you feel like getting into the sweet eat some strawberries or pineapple or kiwis. Kiwis are so sweet and sour they are my go to fruit with my cravings :)

Quoting excitedmama2013:

i do plan on breast feeding, my problem is im hungry all the time. and i ALWAYS want sweats. how can i get around this problem?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjmac88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

just eat right and get a bit of exercise. your body will gain the right amount. if you are eating like crap...then its kinda a lot. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I always gain 50-60 lbs no matter how I eat...my body just likes packs on fluid and weight. 

RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Go for healthy sweet stuff like fruit. If that won't hit the spot try a candy that is fat free and takes time to consume so you get lots of sweet taste for fewer calories. Marshmallows do the trick for me, they're only about 20 calories each and you can nibble them slowly. If only a truly unhealthy treat like ice cream or chocolate will do get the really good stuff. A spoonful of gourmet ice cream is at least as satisfying as a large bowl of the cheap stuff. I'd rather have a single piece of really good chocolate like a Lindt truffle than a giant bar of Hershey's any day and they're about 70 calories each. It's not about deprivation, it's about smart indulgence.

Quoting excitedmama2013:

i do plan on breast feeding, my problem is im hungry all the time. and i ALWAYS want sweats. how can i get around this problem?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I gained sixty with each of my pregnancies. My doc.never said a word. I think the same thing goes for every pregnancy is different. Every woman gains weight differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Itll come off afterwards if you work at it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN