Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this pregnancy related ? Please read

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 39 weeks today , I had a doctors appt everything checked out good. Just having some contractions & cramping ( the normal) , I had been sick to my stomach for 2 days so I lost a pound .

But tonight all of sudden I have extreme severe pain behind my ears down my jaw line , almost causing me to gag . It hurts extremely bad , I tried to google it but nothing has come up. I thought about calling the dr on call but if it's not pregnancy related idk what he'll think.

Ever heard of this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itty88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Hmm, I would call...  You never know. Hope it's nothing! 

juniebug11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Thanks. I may call, it's making me gag

Quoting itty88:

Hmm, I would call...  You never know. Hope it's nothing! 

itty88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Call, you never know if it's a condition that your pregnancy is bringing on. Could be a warning sign or nothing. But a simple call won't hurt! :)

juniebug11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I called and spoke to a dr. She said it sounds like an ear infection . But my fave is swollen :/ she said to all my doctor tomorrow

Quoting itty88:

Call, you never know if it's a condition that your pregnancy is bringing on. Could be a warning sign or nothing. But a simple call won't hurt! :)

Kaitlynsmom913
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I wonder if it's sinus related, or some sort of congestion?

Kaitlynsmom913
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

If your face is swollen it may be an abscess. I'd go in if it gets much more painful.

Quoting juniebug11:

I called and spoke to a dr. She said it sounds like an ear infection . But my fave is swollen :/ she said to all my doctor tomorrow

Quoting itty88:

juniebug11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Right it's swollen on both sides :/ I hope it isn't mono! I had that in high school & thought I was gonna die , it was so bad. I have insomnia so I'm gonna try to take a bath & count down the hours till the morning .

Quoting Kaitlynsmom913:

If your face is swollen it may be an abscess. I'd go in if it gets much more painful.

Quoting juniebug11:

Quoting itty88:

Kaitlynsmom913
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM

:(  Hopefully you can get some sleep night and get some answers tomorrow!

Quoting juniebug11:

Right it's swollen on both sides :/ I hope it isn't mono! I had that in high school & thought I was gonna die , it was so bad. I have insomnia so I'm gonna try to take a bath & count down the hours till the morning .

Quoting Kaitlynsmom913:

Quoting juniebug11:

Quoting itty88:

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Doesn't sound pregnancy related but you never know.

juniebug11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I have no idea, but this pain is intense ! Idk what else I do. I got in the bath and put a warm cloth over it.

Quoting Devious103102:

Doesn't sound pregnancy related but you never know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)