Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Extreme exhaustion?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok I know it's part of pregnancy but when do you think it is more or something wrong? I'm almost 30 weeks and some days I can barely keep my eyes open. I sleep somewhat decently at night for the most part but by 3-5pm I'm ridiculously tired like tired enough to go to bed again... I have a 4 year old that is go go go so I know that contributes to me being tired. It takes all my energy to get up to even make dinner. I don't remember being this tired my first pregnancy. This all started about a week or so ago... I have a doctors appt next Tuesday, should I call or think its ok to wait and ask then?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babymom596
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

all pregnancies are differents, if you don't have swollen feet or headache along with that you are ok. just try to relax take nice shower and ask hubby to give you massageit may help.

Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM
It seemed like I was more tired with my second too. Me and a then 3 yr old dd would take after noon naps and have movie quite time on the couch or in my bed and she would snuggle up with me.
mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I feel your pain! My kids (4 and 19 months) don't know the meaning of sleep. Seriously, I heard my oldest running around the hallway last night around 2 am. Before anyone gets up in arms, she's scared of her own shadow, so she wouldn't just take off and head downstairs. My 19 month old wakes up at 4:30 like clock work. Add that stuff in (yes DD goes to sleep but she's been sneaking in our room in the middle of the night) and top it off with hubby, who violently tosses and turns all night,..I barely sleep. I think I'm lucky to get a solid 3 hours before dh's alarm goes off (and he hits snooze 10 different times. GRR!) or DS wakes up. If I'm lucky DS will go back down after an hour or two of being up and I might get another hour of sleep before DD is up asking for breakfast. I'm just 18 weeks and tonight, cooking dinner was a chore. I didn't even clean the kitchen after other than putting dishes in the sink. Thank goodness chili doesn't make a mess on the counter.

I'd bring it up to your doc if you're concerned about it..never hurts to ask.
kristyp.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I have kids but older. I have zero energy for past 2 months. My body feels like lead weight. And my legs feel so heavy can barely walk. Its been like that for 2 weeks. Not to mention every other syymptom I get. I'm so sick of it
mollysmom328
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I was exhausted the whole time.  I napped every day when possible.  I was asleep by 8-8:30 every night.  The exhaustion never got better.  It was awful :/  Usually I think it tends to be in the 1st and 3rd trimester which you are definitely in.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Have you had your iron levels checked? It's possible you could be anemic, which one of the major issues with that (at least for me) is extreme fatigue. 

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM

In my pregnancy I was fatigued sometimes too, and my feet were swollen and i did have some headaches on and off.

Quoting babymom596:

all pregnancies are differents, if you don't have swollen feet or headache along with that you are ok. just try to relax take nice shower and ask hubby to give you massageit may help.

MrsThebus
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I haven't recently buy I'm going to ask my doctor next week when I go.

Quoting Devious103102:

Have you had your iron levels checked? It's possible you could be anemic, which one of the major issues with that (at least for me) is extreme fatigue. 

MrsThebus
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
My husband has been sleeping on the couch because he tosses and turns violently lol I don't know how many times I've been punched in his sleep so as mean as it is he sleeps on the couch...

Quoting mom_to_kenzie:

I feel your pain! My kids (4 and 19 months) don't know the meaning of sleep. Seriously, I heard my oldest running around the hallway last night around 2 am. Before anyone gets up in arms, she's scared of her own shadow, so she wouldn't just take off and head downstairs. My 19 month old wakes up at 4:30 like clock work. Add that stuff in (yes DD goes to sleep but she's been sneaking in our room in the middle of the night) and top it off with hubby, who violently tosses and turns all night,..I barely sleep. I think I'm lucky to get a solid 3 hours before dh's alarm goes off (and he hits snooze 10 different times. GRR!) or DS wakes up. If I'm lucky DS will go back down after an hour or two of being up and I might get another hour of sleep before DD is up asking for breakfast. I'm just 18 weeks and tonight, cooking dinner was a chore. I didn't even clean the kitchen after other than putting dishes in the sink. Thank goodness chili doesn't make a mess on the counter.

I'd bring it up to your doc if you're concerned about it..never hurts to ask.

MrsThebus
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I've had some leg/feet swelling but it goes down with rest, is that normal? I didn't have swelling with my first pregnancy either but I drank tons of water. This pregnancy my water intake hasn't been as much because water oddly makes me gag... So weird! And I rarely get headaches, last one I had I think was induced due to my daughter wanting to use her screaming level voice lol.

Quoting babymom596:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)