Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Glucose Test

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM
  • 2 Replies

I took the one hour glucose test Monday. They said they didn't like how the test came out so they want me to do the 3 hour test. I'm not feeling good about it. The one hour test wiped me out the rest of the day and I had a headache the following day. Since I already have blood sugar issues I basically follow a diabetic diet anyway I can't see how this test would really be a good thing for me. I could use some advice on this.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Skip it and check your own blood sugar. That is how I do it. Since you follow the diet, pumping you with sugar isn't going to give an accurate result. Checking your own blood sugar will be able to tell you if you should be worried :)

I check mine for one whole day then I check fasting and after one meal every day (breakfast one day, lunch the next, supper, then back to breakfast) for one week. And then randomly throughout the pregnancy, just in case. I have never had a high blood sugar reading but if I did I would probably check more often to see if it was a random occurrence or a concern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Id discuss with your doc. Ask if u can skip it and just follow the diabetic guidlines
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)