Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 week check up.. Wtf doc!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 51 Replies
My doctor is very short..(time wise) he came in immediately told me he wanted to see me Monday in hopes that I might want to be induced... (No only for medical reasons...) he strapped his glove on..And dove in.. Holy cow did that hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm covered in tattoos head to toe... And I started to he all teared from the cervical check. I was and have been in pain for like a week, and the last two days it's painful to walk. He just made jokes about it cause I had tattoos that this should be a no problem. Fuck you, doc, I'm pretty sure your fingers just raped my vagina... I was embarrassed.. He says "no change" and throws away his gloves then walks out the door. That's it. I didn't have any time to tell him any of my concerns about a birth plan... Or my problems that I have been having (I never really had any before, until now) like spotting slight give of pink on my undies that day, or the severe pain I was having the past two days (he might have been nicer to me when he did the cervical check if he did) or the fact I have been having diarhea for over 2 weeks straight (tmi)! C'mon...

I know this is a major rant, but I have 1.5 weeks left till edd....

1. Would you changedoctors this late?
2. Did you experience very sensitive to painful vaginal pains even just to walk? Or even when you were being checked for dilation was it really painful?
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PresleyLove
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I'm on my phone... Sorry for the lack of clearity in my post. I was also typing out of rage...
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yes it is always painful for me when they check. Vaginal pain may be baby dropping and putting pressure. As for switching doctors, I would. With ds my doctor was on vacation so a complete stranger delivered me anyway. I don't get to attached to them. If he makes you uncomfortable and doesn't listen I would find someone who makes you more comfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Vaginal exams have always been painful.  I'm glad I no longer do them, there is no point.

Yes, you should switch doctors. If he doesn't care about you now he won't care about you while you're in labor either.

If you feel violated now, just imagine how you'll feel while you're in the vunerable position of labor. 

butterflycircle
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I never had an exam that was painful enough ot put me in tears. They weren't comfortable but not painful.

I would switch drs. If your dr is like this now, can you imagine what he will be like when you are in labor? Insensitive and pushing stuff on you while you are in a vonerable state? 

I am sorry you are going through this I hope it all works out and baby comes happy and healthy when ready  : )

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM

The vaginal pain is normal. I get it at every visit, even though my dr is much nicer than yours. As i get further along, it hurts to walk or move period.

But vaginal exams are not needed and you can refuse them.

As for the dr......its kind of late in the game. You can try to find a new dr but I would suggest simply confronting him. He works for you....not the other way around. Tell him you need to sit down and discuss your aches and birth plan.

Tracie82411
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I am not pregnant anymore just haven't left the group but I wasn't checked until I went onto labor and the first couple times they checked then I had one and I had no blood at all until she checked. She was so rough and I did have pain walking :( and it wasn't labor pains because I was lucky enough not to feel any contractions and everything. I would talk to another doctor to see if they think you should change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Yes, absollutely change!

And I don't get checked. 
  Why did you want to?  

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM
It might be hard switching docs. I had a hard time getting someone to take me on at 19 weeks! But try it if you can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Was he trying to strip your membranes? Because that is painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PresleyLove
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I wasn't asked if I wanted to, it's just their standard procedure I guess.. Is this not normal???

Quoting doulala:

Yes, absollutely change!

And I don't get checked.    Why did you want to?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured