Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (121-130):
alice1972
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I was 7 months pregnant at our wedding and ended up not caring one bit.  My baby girl will be 2 this Saturday and I am within 2 lbs. of my pre-pregnancy weight and THRILLED!  I used to fit into size 2 jeans but my hips changed so now I can only get into size 4.  I am almost 41 and KNOW how happy I should be to be in the shape I am in.  It wasn't and isn't easy, but it is doable and worth it.

powers2704
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I took off 30 pounds in two weeks post part gained 60 during pregnancy. Then it took about two months to lose 10 more and two a little over to lose another 15. The first fast fall off of weight I think was from breastfeeding but when I had stopped at 2 months it has slowly came off since. I am still wanting to lose the extra 5 hopefully a litte more but it takes time. I also now have an elephant belly that hangs because I got so big and stretched maybe the way I was carrying him I'm not sure but hope it goes away. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into extra loose skin that hangs around forever but we will see. Some people just lose weight quickly every metabolism is different or breastfeeding I think def does have a lot to do with very large amount of the weight loss in the beginning.
risaspieces
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had my son on the 15th and at my doctors appointment on the 22nd I was 4 pounds less than my pre pregnancy weight. :) I gained 20 pounds, and this was my second. I'm still overweight but excited that I'm dropping weight so quickly, and all I'm doing is breast feeding and taking short easy walks.
flor0731
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

How you lost your weight is amazed 

BosGirl0906
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend has had two kids. She was a size 4 before her 2nd son was born. He's 6 months and now she's a size 6. She did absolutely nothing to lose the weight and it drives me insane because she's constantly talking about how "fat" she is now. She has a small pooch. She's had two kids and never works out! I have always struggled with my weight and was a size 12 before I got pregnant. I'm so worried about not losing weight after my son gets here but I'm super motivated. I lost 80lbs a few years ago for myself, so I know I can do it. Once my son gets here, I'm gonna do it again for him. it's really motivating to see so many women on here who have lost weight post baby. :)
leesie86
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I gained 32 pounds and have lost all but 5 pounds. My baby girl was 9lbs 3oz. Eventhough the majority of the weight has come off, I still cannot fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans....I get the dreaded "muffin top" if I attempt it. Also, I've noticed my thighs are bigger (ughhh), so I guess I stored some fat there. I just started walking and taking B12 because I heard it helped for weight loss/metabolism. I'm breast feeding, otherwise I would be on phentermine, because that stuff is the truth!
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I would love to say yes...I walked a 1/4 mile MOST days but had a major sweet tooth. I didn't eat great at all. My dr gave me a lot if crap for how much I gained.

Quoting bellygirl:

You looked great at 9 months. Did you exercise during your pregnancy? Did you maintain a healthy diet?
DanielleBOOM
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I used those skinny wraps to tone back up. They worked amazing for me. www.joinboom.com is the link I get them at. I had trouble loosing after three of my kids so I knew I had to do something after my forth.. So I tried these and love them. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I'm confused. One of MY pics looks like I had gastric bypass?? If so, I assure you I never have. Lol

Quoting LilliesValley:

or it could not....LOL! But congrats!

but I just wanted to add not the OPs pic but the pic they have on the cm main website looks like it is a post gastric bypass pic and not necessarily post baby. I know because my stomach looks just like it or worse....

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I wanna try one of those!! I've heard they're great to get your skin to tighten back up too.

Quoting DanielleBOOM:

I used those skinny wraps to tone back up. They worked amazing for me. www.joinboom.com is the link I get them at. I had trouble loosing after three of my kids so I knew I had to do something after my forth.. So I tried these and love them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)