Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (131-140):
frgivn2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you posted this because I'm nervous about having #2. I'm not pregnant, but with DD1 I gained 35lbs and had a c-section. Miraculously I lost 32 of that in 2 weeks. I think most of it was water weight...I was SO swollen!! It took me another 1.5 years to lose those 3lbs, and now that she's 2.5, I'm at the smallest I've ever been in my adult life (25lbs under pp) and I'm running a half-marathon this weekend!! I'm scared that #2 will wreck my body that I've worked so hard for :-\. I'm going to do it anyway :)

WooMommy7
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM

All i can say from looking at the few pictures i did is you guys look great, i had my third c section a little more over a year ago and without to much problem bouncing back to my normal weight if not less with those ones. I can't get anything back into shape now. I still tryig thoe maybe someday

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM

It CAN happen, but it's not the norm. I expected to look somewhat like you do after my first birth- major reality check. 

aritoyh
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Sure it can happen, but not always. Short of surgery my stomach will never look even close to what yours does.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this

3 months pp. I gained almost 60 lbs, down almost 40!  I'm very confident now, I had no hope at all looking at myself the days and weeks after she was born

Tay06
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is different.  I gained 15 pounds while I was pregnant (I went from 120 to 135).  I wore the same shirts and jeans through the whole thing, though some of the shirts were a little stretched out in the tummy area, and I left the hospital after a natural, non-medicinal birth weighing 118 lbs.  No stretch marks.  My stomach wasn't tones, but it was basically back to flat, and I had a healthy baby boy who passed his Apgar tests the first time and LOVED to eat.  My doctor and my mother told me I was a freak of nature.  I call myself lucky as hell.  My mom gained 20 lbs with all three of her pregnancies and lost all of the weight within the first week after having each of us.  Genes are tricky things, and some people are just luckier than others.  One of my friends has a two year old and she is still 20 lbs over her pre-pregnancy weight and the poor thing diet and exercises with more will than I will EVER have.

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
You look great!

I'm not worried about it really. With ds I lost weigh quickly...until I got pregnant when he was about 3 or 4 mo. Lol. Only thing I might be concerned about is my back. I stilled on the ice with ds and almost have a few times this time. A spot seems to act up every now and then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

No, No no....

They had this article on the main cafe mom site at the top with whatever random pic they get people to see to come in or click it. I don't know who picks what's in that group, it's usually like 5 posts and then they pick the pic they think goes with it. More often than not the pics don't seem to go with it!

Your pics definatey don't look post bariatric!!! There's no mistaking! You look great! Good job!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I'm confused. One of MY pics looks like I had gastric bypass?? If so, I assure you I never have. Lol

Quoting LilliesValley:

or it could not....LOL! But congrats!

but I just wanted to add not the OPs pic but the pic they have on the cm main website looks like it is a post gastric bypass pic and not necessarily post baby. I know because my stomach looks just like it or worse....

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

It's the section titled today's top conversations. It definately wasn't one of your pics! LOL!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I'm confused. One of MY pics looks like I had gastric bypass?? If so, I assure you I never have. Lol

Quoting LilliesValley:

or it could not....LOL! But congrats!

but I just wanted to add not the OPs pic but the pic they have on the cm main website looks like it is a post gastric bypass pic and not necessarily post baby. I know because my stomach looks just like it or worse....

Medusa686
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

You look great.  My advice for other women is that as soon as they are able to start working out, they should. I have a friend who is really obese and has been like that since she had her kids. She never worked out or try to lose it and she won't now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)