Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (141-150):
NYChicago
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size but I still have my "twin-skin." My girls just turned 8. Bleah. I guess I'll have it removed when the time is right or when I'm not a total chicken...LOL! It did take time, though. I agree with some of the ladies on here, just be patient, and everybody's body reacts differently to pregnancy. Enjoy those beautiful babies!

dustykitty
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I think it is great that you are able to start getting back to your pre-preg size so soon.  I was not so lucky.  When my first son was less then 4 mnths old, i found out I was preg with our 2nd.  Both boys were c-section.  They are 3 and 4 now and I am heavier now then I was before I got preg with either one.  Maybe my age has something to do with it, but I think alot has to be the lack of exercise.  I am trying something new to help lose weight, but very frustrated right now.  Even when I lose weight, what about the strech marks? I guess no binki for me. hahaha

DanielleBOOM
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

They work very well. I love them. I also take their greens which gives you 8t servings of vegetables and fruits. So if your Breast feeding you may consider that as well. Did you checkout the site? 

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I wanna try one of those!! I've heard they're great to get your skin to tighten back up too.

Quoting DanielleBOOM:

I used those skinny wraps to tone back up. They worked amazing for me. www.joinboom.com is the link I get them at. I had trouble loosing after three of my kids so I knew I had to do something after my forth.. So I tried these and love them. 

hollygollygee
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM

If it can happen without causing you to neglect your baby or your need for sleep in that stage, then fine...but I can guarantee that in 5 years when your baby heads out to kinder...you won't be thinking about how awesome you were to lose the weight so quickly.  You might be thinking about how you wish you held him a little more, nursed him, rocked him, slept so you had more patience with him when he screamed, etc.  I am glad you are feeling good...but women need to relax a bit about this obsession with post baby bodies and the Heidi Klum Syndrome.  Be with your baby...a lot!  And sleep...as much as you can;)

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Looking Good!

boop1977
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I had my baby 6 months ago. I lost my baby weight right after i had him. But then he was in the hospital for 10 weeks and i was so stressed i gained back what ever i had lost.  Now that he is home I've been trying to lose weight.  But i am having issues. I have polycystic ovaries.  I went back on birth control and so far i have not gotten my period either.  I don't know if that is partly why i can not lose weight.  With a new born and working full time i do not have time to work out. I've just been watching what i eat.  I am just fustrated because i feel like nothing is helping.  Does anyone have advise on what to do?  How did you lose the weight bebe_ju-rah??

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Ohhhhhh lmao! I was so confused!! Hahaha

Quoting LilliesValley:

No, No no....

They had this article on the main cafe mom site at the top with whatever random pic they get people to see to come in or click it. I don't know who picks what's in that group, it's usually like 5 posts and then they pick the pic they think goes with it. More often than not the pics don't seem to go with it!

Your pics definatey don't look post bariatric!!! There's no mistaking! You look great! Good job!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I'm confused. One of MY pics looks like I had gastric bypass?? If so, I assure you I never have. Lol

Quoting LilliesValley:

or it could not....LOL! But congrats!

but I just wanted to add not the OPs pic but the pic they have on the cm main website looks like it is a post gastric bypass pic and not necessarily post baby. I know because my stomach looks just like it or worse....

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Not yet. I will today. Thank you!! I am bfing so I'm going to look into the greens too!

Quoting DanielleBOOM:

They work very well. I love them. I also take their greens which gives you 8t servings of vegetables and fruits. So if your Breast feeding you may consider that as well. Did you checkout the site? 

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I wanna try one of those!! I've heard they're great to get your skin to tighten back up too.

Quoting DanielleBOOM:

I used those skinny wraps to tone back up. They worked amazing for me. www.joinboom.com is the link I get them at. I had trouble loosing after three of my kids so I knew I had to do something after my forth.. So I tried these and love them. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Lol Me too. After my first it took me a while to go back and to be honest I never went all the way back. But I was OK with my new, wider hips and 20 or so extra lbs. That's why I was so surprised this time around that my shape is coming back. It was a nice surprise! :)

Quoting Pandapanda:

It CAN happen, but it's not the norm. I expected to look somewhat like you do after my first birth- major reality check. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Oh I have stretch marks from my first. A little bit of fake tanner in the summer before working on my base tan does wonders for hiding them!! They are only noticeable enough to me to bother me when I'm pale...then they're purple. Yuck.

Quoting dustykitty:

I think it is great that you are able to start getting back to your pre-preg size so soon.  I was not so lucky.  When my first son was less then 4 mnths old, i found out I was preg with our 2nd.  Both boys were c-section.  They are 3 and 4 now and I am heavier now then I was before I got preg with either one.  Maybe my age has something to do with it, but I think alot has to be the lack of exercise.  I am trying something new to help lose weight, but very frustrated right now.  Even when I lose weight, what about the strech marks? I guess no binki for me. hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN