Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (151-159):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
What I've lost thus far is just water, baby, placenta, etc. I haven't been dieting, its only been just over a week. I will start walking every day again like I did while I was pregnant as soon as the soreness goes away and I get a stroller.I'm so sorry your little man was in the hospital! I hope he's OK now! That's enough to make any woman stress!!

Quoting boop1977:

I had my baby 6 months ago. I lost my baby weight right after i had him. But then he was in the hospital for 10 weeks and i was so stressed i gained back what ever i had lost.  Now that he is home I've been trying to lose weight.  But i am having issues. I have polycystic ovaries.  I went back on birth control and so far i have not gotten my period either.  I don't know if that is partly why i can not lose weight.  With a new born and working full time i do not have time to work out. I've just been watching what i eat.  I am just fustrated because i feel like nothing is helping.  Does anyone have advise on what to do?  How did you lose the weight bebe_ju-rah??

shaylamarie11
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

5 days pp in this pic i am now 23days pp. but not ready for another pic lol.

40 weeks 1day in this pic. Baby boy was 10 lbs 9oz via c-section. amiotic fluid was the same weight as him.. 

1wildchild
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You look great OP... 

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

good for you! 

cortneymae12
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I gained 22 lbs while pregnant and the week after I had my son via c section I was down 27 lbs I was smaller than my prepregnancy weight
lcm3181
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

This is 5 days post partum with my second

This is 10 days post partum with my 2nd child.

3 months post partum with 2nd baby

It took nearly 18 months to get back to normal after my first child but i snapped back really fast after my 2nd. There were a few factors that had changed, I had 2 kids to care for now and I was going through a divorce and I breastfed exclusively with my second baby.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

So well said, I am plus size. I am normally between 30-50 lbs less after I deliver from my prepregnancy weight. As long as I am healthy, able to run around with my kids, etc my size isn't concerning. I am a mother of 3 soon to be 4. They are far more important then my body image! Women are way to concerned about looks. Love yourself, and everything carrying a child did to your body. You created and carried life. Its such a blessing!

Quoting lifeforchrist:

women need to be realistic when it comes to pregnancy weight and realize we are all different. Expecting to be back to normal in a month is silly. It took you 9 months to get there give yourself 9 months to get back to the ol you and stop pressuring yourselves. You have a new baby, focus on that not the size of your waist line :)

brittany208
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM

AGREED 100%!

BUT I also think that some women use being a new mother to let themselves go and get all fat and out of shape, and that isn't okay either. It's all about being healthy, takingcare of yourself, and being a good shape/size for you!

Quoting lifeforchrist:

women need to be realistic when it comes to pregnancy weight and realize we are all different. Expecting to be back to normal in a month is silly. It took you 9 months to get there give yourself 9 months to get back to the ol you and stop pressuring yourselves. You have a new baby, focus on that not the size of your waist line :)

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM
You look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)