Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (51-60):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
You're right. I didn't think I would though so there is hope for others who don't think they can be comfortable in their own skin again.

Quoting allthatjazz251:

Just because YOU look like that, does not mean we will.

hizwifie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

With my first, my body was not the same for almost a year. With my second, I was in a size 3 when she was 3 months old. The day after she was born I had a flat stomach like I never had kids. Every persons body and every pregnancy is different. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I was much more squishy after my first. Notice i'm not showing bare tummy! Lol

Quoting AmyL3469:

Must be nice to look so good after a baby LOL. My stomach looked like pizza dough, still does. Doesn't help I have other medical issues that cause weight gain.

aydensXmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first, I had a C-section, was a little over 200 lbs when i had him, and lost 42 lbs within two weeks. I have no idea how, it just literally fell off. I was 195 when I got pregnant, so your guess is as good as mine. I never thought I would be so lucky with my second. I was back at 193 (damn you mirena!) and was 193 when I had her. Another C-section and two months later, I'm down to 167. I'm breastfeeding (where I did not with my son), and having to chase around a toddler contributes to some weight loss.

There is definitely hope :)
bebe_ju-rah
I wonder if muscle memory or something plays a bigger role with subsequent pregnancies?

Quoting hizwifie:

With my first, my body was not the same for almost a year. With my second, I was in a size 3 when she was 3 months old. The day after she was born I had a flat stomach like I never had kids. Every persons body and every pregnancy is different. 

AmyL3469

I lost 34 in about 3 days. I had gained 60. By the time I left the hospital, I was 34 lbs lighter when I got home.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

still thin though. I wouldn't care what my bare stomach looked like if I had a figure like you.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I was much more squishy after my first. Notice i'm not showing bare tummy! Lol

Quoting AmyL3469:

Must be nice to look so good after a baby LOL. My stomach looked like pizza dough, still does. Doesn't help I have other medical issues that cause weight gain.

AMDS0304
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Keep in mind when you lose it fast like that it can come right back. 

hizwifie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I wondered that too. But I didnt get that big the second time around either. I went to the gym twice a day before and durring my pregnancy (yes I was careful not to do anything that could hurt the baby) so I am sure that played a big part. 

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I wonder if muscle memory or something plays a bigger role with subsequent pregnancies?

Quoting hizwifie:

NikiOcasio
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

It took me a year to finally get my baby weight off.. Wasn't falling off on it's own, I worked my ass off to get the body I have now!  I was 115 when I got pregnant with my little one when I had her I was 160 over the course of a few months I got down to 135-140 and it was in ALL the WRONG places. I had a c-section, it can happen but some have to work their butts off to lose the extra weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)