Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those worried about your post baby body...

Posted by   + Show Post

All is not lost! Lol I am 8 days post c-section with my 2nd child. I had gained 54lbs this time and as of yesterday I've lost 25lbs. DS as 8lbs 9oz. I'll add a pic of me at 39 weeks pregnant for comparison.

So don't worry ladies...it can happen! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (61-70):
nerdymom28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I see that now. It's just that from the tone of your post, you were making it seem like it isn't hard to lose the baby weight - as if you had done something to lose it, instead of just getting lucky and snapping right back without any effort. Like...when I opened your post, I expected to see something about how you had a baby and then worked hard and got your body back. Kinda like an inspirational thing. Especially considering the title. When it happens naturally like that, it's not really an "All is not lost" kind of situation. Every woman's body is different, most of us don't look like that 8 days after having a child.

I'm certainly not trying to be mean or anything, I guess I'm just saying that by the tone of your post I completely misunderstood your intent.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

8 days lol. He was born Jan 16th :) I think most of that was water...plus 9+ lbs of baby and placenta.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Surely you didn't really mean 8 DAYS....right? How could you lose 25 lbs in 8 days?

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Im 9 days PP and have already lost the full 25# I gained. Baby was 8# 15oz. My stomach skin is still very loose tho :( I don't think it'll ever look the same again.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
That loose skin will tighten! Don't fret :) That takes the longest in my experience.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Im 9 days PP and have already lost the full 25# I gained. Baby was 8# 15oz. My stomach skin is still very loose tho :( I don't think it'll ever look the same again.
katinahat
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Quoting nocalmegan:

For the majority of people, the skin does tighten and go back. I lost the full 21 that I gained, plus another 3 lbs by 3 days postpartum. My hips hadn't gone back yet, but the weight had fallen off. Just give your skin a little while!

This is me when I was 8 days PP:

isell_avon
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

i was 113 before I had kids....2 kids later and I'm 141 ... I'm working on loosing all the weight even 18 months after having my 2nd child. 

k_hall1784
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have never had a c-section, but I was back to pre pregnancy weight by the time my youngest was 21 days old. It's all true though. Everyone is different. I know ladies who even a couple of days after birth had a flat belly. But I will say that the most I've ever gained with any of my pregnancies was 24lbs. 

JeannetteG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You lost baby+water+ extra fluids....people don't realize that the body holds lots of extra fluids during pregnancy plus a baby.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM

It really all depends on how your body was before pregnancy and how fit you stayed during. Good for you though.

ForeverInLove
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:27 PM

After three c-sections, I've given up on having a body, lol. It will require surgery... confirmed by a doctor. My body really doesn't bounce back, ever. Once it's stretched and cut, it's done.

jshalas89
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You look mega tall. Try being 5' and then come talk to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN