Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you having any family members get the adult pertussis vaccine?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just want some opinions.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (11-19):
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Same here, and for the weeks before baby can get vaccine just be careful about keeping sick people away. Most people are pretty good about staying away from new babies if they are sick anyways...

Quoting amy31308:

No... Getting my baby vaccinated is enough IMO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Nope! 90% of the people who get whooping cough are fully vaxed... It's not that effective for how many harmful chemicals are in it. Plus, it suppresses your immune system for two weeks, building antibodies to the vax...  No, thanks! 

HERE is more info about vaccines in general. 

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

EXACTLY!!!! I do not want a person that got this shot and now has a compromised immune system who is more likely to catch every little (and big) thing out there to be around my child!

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Nope.

First off, none of our family lives around us. Even if they did, that is their choice. I would actually like to know when anyone gets a vaccine, and is going to be around my child. For two weeks after they inject themselves with poison, I'd like them to stay away from my child.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM

No. We got it last year when our baby was new because she had breathing problems so we needed to be extra careful. But now she is better so we aren't as worried about doing extra stuff.

MrS.GiFFord
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM
My husband has it...he's military. I will be getting it as soon as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

No- we do not vaccinate so I would never ask someone else to inject themselves with garbage. 

Randi02
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
No.

We don't vaccinate at all, I would never want anyone else to get vaccinated just because of our baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM

No

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM

No.

My husband is the only one forced to get vaccines because he's military.  The rest of us, well we tend to avoid them. ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured