Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

IUD

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 32 Replies
So I wenr to my 39 week appt and I hace to decide between 2 different type of birth control and I wanted everyones opinion if they use them and such. Idk which to pick lol. I have to choose between Mirena and Paraguard. Also, im hoping they dont interfere with breastfeeding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Neither!!! I currently have the mirena and it moved and I am possibly pregnant again (waiting on my labwork)!
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I guess based on the lawsuit commercials about mirena I would choose the paraguard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie11908
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I had mirena and breastfed for 16 months with it and am now 8weeks pregnant and currently still breastfeeding :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
mama-smurf
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Lawsuit commercials? If there's lawsuits then why doctors still handing out brochures?

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I guess based on the lawsuit commercials about mirena I would choose the paraguard.

katie11908

But when i have this baby i wont be getting mirena again i didn't like the hormones i will probably get paraguard...

mama-smurf
You got prenant while on Mirena?

Quoting katie11908:

I had mirena and breastfed for 16 months with it and am now 8weeks pregnant and currently still breastfeeding :)

MamaRoberts
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
So, I have had both...with my mire a I did not have a period, it did interfere with my nursing, caused me to gain weight like crazy and then when I finally had it removed it took us almost two years to conceive again. In that two years of trying, I had three periods...it really messed my body up. So after that child was born, I had the paragard placed. I had it for four years, never had a serious problem outside of long long long heavy periods (think 7-8 days) lost 106 lbs on purpose only to find out that it shifted and then broke. I am currently 24weeks pregnant with a piece of my IUD still embedded in my uterus. Do your research, both have some serious problems....
Erica_Smerica
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd get paraguard just because it's hormone free.

katie11908
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

No i had it removed to TTC I just concieved very quickly after having it removed...

Quoting mama-smurf:

You got prenant while on Mirena?

Quoting katie11908:

MamaRoberts
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Google copper toxicity, this was another thing I noticed this last year before becoming pregnant....there is a class action lawsuit in the motion for Mireya and one in the works for paragard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN