Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage....

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, a few weeks ago I started spoting a bit for roughly two days. It stopped so I didn't think anything of it because it's been a bit stressful around here. Then last Saturday I started bleeding again. I figured maybe it was just a start of my period (i'm not regular). On Monday I was still bleeding normaly and my lower back hurt quite a bit but I still thought it was just because of my period. I went to the bathroom Monday night and a few huge clots came out. I looked in the toilet and there was this white round looking sac... at that point I knew "OMG!!! I just had a miscarriage!!!"  My daughter is now 5 months and we have been taking precautions,obviously not enough, not to get pregnant. I immediatly called my mother and told her but she really didn't know what to say. I didn't go to the hospital or anything because I figured it would work itself out. I've had a D&C before but it was because my last miscarriage wouldn't come out naturally. I looked on the internet and I found a lot of sites that said just rest and take meds so that is what I have done. I don't have any pain but i'm still bleeding quite a bit. Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Honestly, it sounds like my miscarriage. If you can handle the pain & bleeding you are probably fine. If you are bleeding profusely and uncontrollably then go in asap!

Good luck and I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

All my miscarriages were different. My first I bleed for 7 days and the first day had lots of cramping and discomfort.I also passed lots of clots.

With my second I cramped for 3 days before I started to bleed. The first day I started to bleed. The cramping got worse, passed lots of clots. I bleed for 5 days.

My third on Thursday night I notice some brown spot. Tried to brush it off. Friday night same thing happened. Then Saturday afternoon came. Went to the bathroom and lots of blood. Took it easy and Monday I passed baby. No cramping but some sharp pains. Once baby passed the sharp pains were gone but then that night the cramping come. But not very strong. Just there that I noticed it. I also had lots of clots and bleed for 6 days.

With each one I was told to just rest and take it easy. To call if I had any concerns. With my first I never called at that. With my second and third I was so happy to have the midwife I did. She called me every day to see how I was doing. She also stopped by if she was in town. She did also want to know when I was done bleeding. So she could keep an eye on it too for me.

Sorry for you loss!

avaana06
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Tylenol and advil alternating and lots of water. I would make an appt with your doctor for next week to get your hcg levels checked. You will want them below 5 to make sure you dont get an infection from left over tissue being inside you. I hope you feel better soon!

smile876
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think I had a miscarriage January 1st. I thought I was just on my period, but then the second day of bleeding i had the WORST cramps of my life, i mean they were so so bad i was bent over in pain, i had never felt something like that before, shortly after those cramps I went to the bathroom to change my tampon, and on my tampon was a HUGE clot with a white something in the clot. I bled a lot for a few days after and never went to the doctors or anything, so Im not sure if it was a miscarriage but I do think it was. I have a picture of the clot if you want to see and compare to what you had... it is TMI but i'm willing to share if you'd like. 

smile876
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

oh and also i had HORRIBLE cramps leading up to when I got my "period" which wasnt normal for me

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I would make an appointment to get checked, just in case. Make sure to rest and take iron pills or prenatals to help keep your energy up after all the bleeding.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
if you bleed through more than 3 pads in an hr you need to go in. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabieBeat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor, midwife or health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I agree--you may want to go in to be checked out.  Hope you feel better and so sorry for your loss.

kimmie3577
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured