Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

getting induced monday! so nervous!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
I will be 41 weeks to the day. I can't even wrap my head around what's to come, or what to expect. I am so excited to see my boy but I'm nervous for labor. My dr said something about putting a strip of paper by my cervix for it to dilate? I've never heard of that? I thought you had to have contractions to push baby down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

HERE is some very basic information about the various induction methods. It sounds like they are using Cervidil to soften your cervix, because you have a low Bishop Score. A low Bishop Score drastically increases your chances of ending up with a c-section for a failed induction. May I ask if you are inducing electively or if there is a medical reason? 

noholdingback
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Thanks so much! Yeah, he's weighing in at over 8 pounds and my dr wants to make sure he has enough room to pass thru the birth canal. I broke my tailbone off my spine, and it is pointed inwards at a 60 degree angle. The last trimester it's been hard to get out of bed for too long, gravity takes its toll and he crushes my nerve. I was told she could do the induction at 40 weeks, but I opted to wait another week.

Quoting louzannalady:

HERE is some very basic information about the various induction methods. It sounds like they are using Cervidil to soften your cervix, because you have a low Bishop Score. A low Bishop Score drastically increases your chances of ending up with a c-section for a failed induction. May I ask if you are inducing electively or if there is a medical reason? 

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM

*hug* I understand. I wish you guys the very best. Please, read the link and make sure they do not use a pill to soften your cervix. If they do, it would be Cytotec and that is super dangerous! 

Quoting noholdingback:

Thanks so much! Yeah, he's weighing in at over 8 pounds and my dr wants to make sure he has enough room to pass thru the birth canal. I broke my tailbone off my spine, and it is pointed inwards at a 60 degree angle. The last trimester it's been hard to get out of bed for too long, gravity takes its toll and he crushes my nerve. I was told she could do the induction at 40 weeks, but I opted to wait another week.

Quoting louzannalady:

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Victoriaoh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I was induced at 39 weeks 2 days b/c of high BP and baby's heart rate kept dropping. I wasn't dilated at all. They put Cervadil by my cervix for 12 hours. It didn't do anything. They started Pitocin and 2 hours later my water broke on its own. 4 hours after starting Pitocin they stopped it b/c my body had taken over. 3 hours after that my baby girl was born. I went from 3cm to 10cm in less than 3 hours. My labor was just under 7 hours. I had a pretty good experience with being induced.
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
This was me almost except I didn't get cervadil. They started pitocin & my water broke on its own after it being on for 20 minutes & they turned the pitocin off an my dd was born 4 hours later. I had a good experience with it (which I don't want to be induced this time I want to do it natural) but not all inductions are failed so don't think that way especially since you have a good excuse for it ! Good luck & I hope it goes smoothly :)

Quoting Victoriaoh:

I was induced at 39 weeks 2 days b/c of high BP and baby's heart rate kept dropping. I wasn't dilated at all. They put Cervadil by my cervix for 12 hours. It didn't do anything. They started Pitocin and 2 hours later my water broke on its own. 4 hours after starting Pitocin they stopped it b/c my body had taken over. 3 hours after that my baby girl was born. I went from 3cm to 10cm in less than 3 hours. My labor was just under 7 hours. I had a pretty good experience with being induced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My induction went great, I got cervidil (the paper you mentioned) and no pitocin.

KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I had one not so great induction and one that was awesome. And you do have to have contractions to push baby down but if you aren't dialated my doc described it would be like trying to walk through a door that was looked by walking into it over and over
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)