Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Has anyone had a failed induction?

Posted by   + Show Post
On January 22 I went in to be induced ( I was 41 weeks at this time) They skipped the cytotec because I was already having regular contractions when I got to the hospital even though I had no idea I was having them. I was also 1 cm dilated and my cervix was not softened ay all when I got there. They started me on pitocin and kept asking me if I was feeling my contractions and I said no. They got to where they were at the max amount of pitocin they could give me and I was just barely feeling my contractions. They were pretty stunned and checked me again but I was still only 1 cm and not softened or as they would say "2 long" after 11 hours of pitocin and no changes they decided to send me home. They will be trying to induce me again at 42 weeks. Has anyone ever had pitocin and not feel their contractions very much ? Also did you go to get induced a second time and did it work? I'm pretty sure of it doesn't work this second time I will be getting a cesarean. The crazy thing was that I went home in no pain but a couple hours later I went to get off my couch and when I put any kind of pressure on my right leg it would send terrible pain through my hip and lower back and I couldn't even walk. Luckily I can walk now but still painful when I do. I know this sounds terrible but I really don't want to try the pitocin again I feel so mentally and physically drained that cesarean is starting to look like a good idea sometimes which is crazy cuz I never wanted a cesarean. I also don't want to have an epidural. Sorry for typing so much just really emotional and confused.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Replies (41-43):
michelles89
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I went into early labor twice with my now 3 yr old ds then I was induced and I was in labor 22 hrs before we had to do an emergency csection his heart rate was dropping nd I was I Lu at a 8 for like 6 hrs so she said it was best to get him out. It was scary he was suctioned 3 times before he cried. My 14 wk dd was a repeat c section because I refused to be induced again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittlePistol87
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I was induced with my second. She was 41wks 4 days past due date. I don't understand why they didn't give you the pill to soften your cervix before they started the pitocin. Then they just sent you home. If your in pain like that you should call your OB. 

mmccrea
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

They broke my water at 41 weeks and contractions came on w/i minutes.  That sucks that the pitocin wouldn't work.  I would ask for any other option than a c-section.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)