Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Blood pressure

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

My blood pressure s usually between 114-117 over 56-59. I took it today at work and it was 133/93. I've been a little stressed lately, I work full time, have a toddler, and quit smoking. So maybe it could just be from the stress? But I'm terrified of developing preeclampsia. Should I be worried & call my OB? I plan on getting a nice shower & just relaxing the rest of the night to see if it helps.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TrabysMommmy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Mine normally runs like yours but today at the dr.'s it was 123/78 which is a little up for me but they wasn't worried... Try relaxing to see if that does help.... If you don't feel like it has then yes call the ob and see what they suggest......

~Laura~

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I would try to take it easy, obviously stress is going to bring your blood pressure up. I would say try resting and getting help with your toddler and check in a few hours or early tomorrow morning. I would worry if you start to experience symptoms like headache, dizziness, so on.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Could be stress at that moment. Usually a Dr won't worry unless its 140/90... mine runs between 118/105 over 78/62..and at the end of this last pregnancy it was anywhere between 120/133 over 76/80 ... its normal for bp to be a little higher then your norm during pregnancy ..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You should rest, then take it again. If it's still high, call your doctor. If not, keep watching it and tell your doctor at your next visit. Make sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough rest too.

tanper29
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have the opposite problem. My bp runs on the low side.
mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I get pregnancy induced hypertension soo its always high during pregnancy, the best thing to do is drink lots of water and lower ur sodium intake! Also try to check ur pressure a few times a day to see if its staying up or if it goes back down

How far along are u?
Jenna13Wilson
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I'll be 20 weeks Monday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)