Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fell. Update

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
So tonight while going out to eat with some church members for supper club. (They go out every Friday we donot) I was crossing the street. My ankle twisted and I fell I made sure I hit my hands and knees not my belly. I am still watching myself. Making sure that I don't cramp or anything. I always said I wouldn't be one of the ladies from cafemom that didn't go get checked out ( no offense) after falling but I really didn't hit my stomach. I ate so much tonight that I'm tired and I'm going to rest. I have to work tomorrow and Sunday night! 3rd shift stinks.

Update: I'm ok after the fall. But the stomach bug got me today. So no work til Wednesday there goes my check lol our policy at work is stay out of work til 72 hrs after your last symptom. So this stinks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM

How far along are you? I fell when I was 8 weeks. Right on my stomich. I was caring laundry and did not see one of my sons cars. They did nothing at the er. I went to my ob. She said everything looks good. But they are in a nice bath of water that protects them. If you don't cramp or bleed I would not worry.

mommyof2kids306
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I'm 16 weeks and 6 days. The only thing sore is my right ankle.

Quoting connorsmama06:

How far along are you? I fell when I was 8 weeks. Right on my stomich. I was caring laundry and did not see one of my sons cars. They did nothing at the er. I went to my ob. She said everything looks good. But they are in a nice bath of water that protects them. If you don't cramp or bleed I would not worry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I fell today too. I called in and they told me baby was very cushioned and as long as I seen no bleeding or felt no cramps baby was fine. We have a heart rate monitor machine and we listened to the baby after to make sure baby was ok.

brittany208
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt worry about it. I was reading the other day about how its very difficult to hurt baby with a fall etc etc bc the pressure is spread out over the water, instead of localized in one spot. (Hope that makes sense).

mommyof2kids306
Glad ur ok

Quoting wkukid:

I fell today too. I called in and they told me baby was very cushioned and as long as I seen no bleeding or felt no cramps baby was fine. We have a heart rate monitor machine and we listened to the baby after to make sure baby was ok.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
Thanks

Quoting brittany208:

I wouldnt worry about it. I was reading the other day about how its very difficult to hurt baby with a fall etc etc bc the pressure is spread out over the water, instead of localized in one spot. (Hope that makes sense).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN