Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh what is wrong with me.. Sex Drive *TMI* Help :(

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have never once had this problem. I know people say its normal to lose your sex drive during pregnancy. Is it like that the whole time? Or is there anything I can do. I cant do it. I tried. And I just broke down crying right in the middle of it. DH thinks its something he did. But its not. I just dont know whats happening to me. I have no desire to do it anymore, and I used to want it like all day everyday. What is wrong with me. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anything I can do??

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
It's really totally normal Hun... It just happens... For me it usually comes back around the third trimester but baby is so big then dh feels weird about getting in the babies space lol so it doesn't happen a whole lot. Don't feel bad try to explain to your dh so he doesn't feel bad. I think it's just a hormone thing or something... Idk so many changes happening in our bodies personally I just don't like being touched sometimes... I am already sharing my body with this growing person and having dh want to tough me and snuggle or have sex or whatever is just too much sometimes... Hugs Hun just know it's totally normal!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy9518
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I have the same problem. I.love sex but right now i just have no desire. I acctually have no desire to do anything at all and i hate it. Its the worst feeling ever. All i do is go to work make dinner and then go to sleep.
MmeAustin
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I'm the same way as well. I just tell myself that my body is already pregnant, that's why I don't want it. 

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:19 AM
I've had no drive the entire 37+ weeks! Infections and pain don't help either! Just express your feeling about it to him. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm just frustrated with it. I used to be a snuggler. Now I can't hardly stand it when he touches me. I just want to be left alone. Then sex comes up and that's even worse. I feel horrible :(
mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yes..I'm totally in the same boat! Dh gets so mad about it bc I just don't want it..have no desire whatsoever for it. It's completely frustrating bc like you, it was normal to want sex everyday.
Aireeahnah
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Just remind yourself not to feel guilty about it. EVERYTHING about your body is changing, from the hairs on your head down to the nails on your toes. Your hormones are peaking in ways foreign to you now and nothing is going to feel like it did pre-pregnancy. A LOT of women experience a change in their sex drive throughout pregnancy, and it is nothing to be ashamed of, you can't control it. It's better to talk it over with your boo and be honest than to risk doing something that will emotionally harm you just to make him happy. I went through a lack of sex drive throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimester and it eventually it is no longer a priority (he will understand the changes you are going through if you let him.) Good luck and keep your chin up. It will come to an end eventually, this isn't forever, remember that!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

It's totally normal hun because I had absolutely no sex drive throughout my whole pregnancy with my son. I talked to my dh about it and let him no it wasn't him or anything he did and he was pretty understanding about it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured