Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you feel judged about this pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (61-70):
ittyprincess604
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Kind of but not. I am still pretty young (22) and on my second and some people have commented about it. Also my family is a little racist, I however am not, but some of my family has had a problem accepting the fact that I will have a mixed baby (half white, half african american). 

Lastly, though we were trying, we never thought that it would happen as fast as it did. We planned to have better jobs and some money saved before we conceived, but got pregnant only 6 weeks after quitting birth control and we didnt quite get where we wanted, then I had some medical problems and SS was in the hospital and few other big things and money has gotten super tight and my family is worried I wont be able to pull myself out of it in time for the baby. 

AScaredMomma
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I do alot of the time, but not by friends or family but by the looks everyone gives my dh and I. He looks older than me  (even though I'm techniquely older) and I look much younger than I do, like on a regular basis I'm asked what highschool I attend or if I need a note from the doctor for class... We live in a small town and people give us dirty looks for that and he's navajo and I"m white. So yeah feel very judged when we go anywhere.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

HUGS! That's awful. It goes to show no age and martial situation is "safe" to have a baby. You can't plan for everything. I really hope that you find a good support system.

Quoting newmommy114:

My husband became more withdrawn and detached by month 5 he had left. I am now at 28 weeks and my girlfriends have stopped talking to. me. I am 32 and married and never planned on being left. My family
Wants me to move but we don't get Along and then I would have less support and no job if I did. I in know ill be a great mom but I never wanted to do this alone.

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, because it's my 5th child and people act like I'm crazy.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I was with my 2nd daughter because my girls are so close together. They're 15 months apart. My husband's family was mad because his step sister had just lost her twin girls, premature labor and they died within minutes. So basically, I was the bad guy because I had to have planned to get pregnant at that time. We found out I was pregnant a few days after she lost her babies.

ProudMama1125
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Yes. Everyone we've told so far other than DH's dad & stepmom have been like "Oh, well I think that 2 was enough for you both"... Um... Last time I checked we are grown, pay our own bills, & take care of our own children w/out any help from anyone. So my answer "We will decide when we are thru having children. But thank you for your concern." Ugh. WE are ECSTATIC. So are the grandparents. So that's all we care about. =)

cheriew1978
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I was thinking that people would have being that I'm having my 4th baby but that didn't happen ( not in my face anyway ) My close friends and family all said the knew I would have another one! It's funny they did because I didn't! Lol... I'm married and happy we both have good jobs so I guess they really can't say much. 

BritneeAnn012
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Yes... I got pregnant with my commitophobe boyfriend, so no one in my famil except my mom even knew I had a boyfriend... At first I was so worried about being judged, I felt like i was 16 and pregnant even though I am 24, but then I realized who cares!!!

Ilaynasmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Just when ppl have said I don't look pregnant. I'm 28 wks and regular customers just started asking is that a baby bump? Are you pregnant. When I say 7 mos they are shocked. I certainly feel pregnant. Also, is that heavy? Or should you be lifting that? Well I do have to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I did things the "right" way (love, marriage, baby), but because I got pregnant after only 6 months of marriage, my family had a lot to say. They thought I only got married to have a baby. Last I checked, 2 fertile adults didn't need to be married to reproduce, but whatever floats their boat. I chalked it up to jealousy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)