Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good wrap for older infants?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was using my moby just now and a lady stopped and asked me about it, and asked if it would be good for an older baby (7 months). I told her I didn't think so and that a woven sling wrap would probably be better.

Any experienced baby wearers know which economically friendly carrier might work for her? She said that a hip carry would probably be good for her. And I'm guessing she's not prepared to drop a ton of money on this so keep that in mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sj3starz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I love my sling for hip carrying. I would use it grocery shopping all the time before I got a big belly! I got mine from seven slings which they always have deals for free slings and only paying shipping. They are a lower quality and do shrink after being washed. If suggest buying a size bigger than suggested by their chart. Btw I paid like 12 dollars or something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I totally forgot about that site! They do the nursing covers too, I keep meaning to get one of those. I might even get a sling for myself from there too, as a first try kind of thing. To see if he likes that type.

Quoting sj3starz:

I love my sling for hip carrying. I would use it grocery shopping all the time before I got a big belly! I got mine from seven slings which they always have deals for free slings and only paying shipping. They are a lower quality and do shrink after being washed. If suggest buying a size bigger than suggested by their chart. Btw I paid like 12 dollars or something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yeah I used a sevenslings when my oldest was 7-10 months or so for hip carry. You still need an arm around them but it was sooo much easier to hold her for longer periods of time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I got my ergo for 30

I thought moby wraps had a 15 pd weight limit
audreesmama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a maya and have worn my 4 year old before. She's 48 lbs, and I don't know the weight limit. I bought it NWT for $20 at a consignment store. It's awesome for 5mo ds too.
lulu_tattoos
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I highly doubt she can find an ergo around here for $30. I'll mention the brand though, maybe she can find something online.

Moby weight limit is 35 pounds.

Quoting nicole2884:

I got my ergo for 30

I thought moby wraps had a 15 pd weight limit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I like my sling for a hip carry also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)