Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does it hurt more to carry a breech baby?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Week 32, and she is still breech.  Yes, yes we have time, hopefully she will get her act together and turn around before too long.  But man.. I swear, her being in the breech position feels so much more painful then my other 5 (heads down) pregnancies.  I swear it feels and looks like that one famous scene from Aliens.  

So anyone have both experiences.. breech and heads down.. was it more uncomfortable breech, or is it just that this little girl is out for blood. 

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Mine have been both and I don't think it hurting more for me.
You can work on lots of things to get her moving though.

GL!

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Quoting doulala:

GL!

have any suggestions?  I mean, she moves a ton, just not in the right direction.  she has had her feet up against the right side of my hips for a few weeks now... and it hurts so bad, like a bruise that keeps get hit over and over and over.  

I need her to turn.  There is no way I'm going to have a c-section.. I just refuse to accept it.  five natural births, this is my last, I'm not getting cut open.  I'm just not mentally ready to think that way... but At my next appt my midwife wants to "talk" about what happens at the hospital if she doesn't turn.. (aka, I'm betting the hospital has a no breech birth policy.)

Cynthje
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

My transverse baby felt very uncomfortable at 39 weeks, i wouldnt call it painful but it was not fun at all, the other one was changing positions up until labor and it wasnt nearly as bad as the transverse baby (she was going from breech to head down and back)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Quoting daughteroftruth:
Quoting doulala:

GL!

have any suggestions?  I mean, she moves a ton, just not in the right direction.  she has had her feet up against the right side of my hips for a few weeks now... and it hurts so bad, like a bruise that keeps get hit over and over and over.  

I need her to turn.  There is no way I'm going to have a c-section.. I just refuse to accept it.  five natural births, this is my last, I'm not getting cut open.  I'm just not mentally ready to think that way... but At my next appt my midwife wants to "talk" about what happens at the hospital if she doesn't turn.. (aka, I'm betting the hospital has a no breech birth policy.)

oh goodness, no!    Save a cesarean for a true need!!
Be sure to use care providers that have the same values and will work for your goals together with you, and save a cesarean for a true need, not just for breech.
Can your MW recommend another care provider so you can establish care just in case?

In addition to making sure your provider saves cesarean for a true need, you can work on exercises from home (spinningbabies will go over lots).
I love moxibustion and Webster, pulsatilla, too.      You might consider these maybe later, nearer to when you have one month before the EDD.

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I called ds2 the crotch stomper. He kicked hard! His head was wedged under my ribcage. This one is head down and far less painful as far as stomping goes, but my spd is horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Unfortunately my options are very limited where we live. There is only one hospital within 30 miles of my home.

I think she was going to send me to a chiropractor soon, so i am hopeing that will encourage baby to be nice.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting daughteroftruth:
Quoting doulala:

GL!

oh goodness, no!    Save a cesarean for a true need!!
Be sure to use care providers that have the same values and will work for your goals together with you, and save a cesarean for a true need, not just for breech.
Can your MW recommend another care provider so you can establish care just in case?

In addition to making sure your provider saves cesarean for a true need, you can work on exercises from home (spinningbabies will go over lots).
I love moxibustion and Webster, pulsatilla, too.      You might consider these maybe later, nearer to when you have one month before the EDD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM

You could consider non-hospital settings, too.
Be sure to check out
spinningbabies  as well as the chiro, though.
No matter where you are, YOU decide what you want.   

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Unfortunately my options are very limited where we live. There is only one hospital within 30 miles of my home.

I think she was going to send me to a chiropractor soon, so i am hopeing that will encourage baby to be nice.

Quoting doulala:
daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I have just staying at home in mind if it comes down to it.  Any other non hospital setting would be unrealistic and we don't have any close midwifes in our area (ironically.. I mean, woman are always pregnant out here).  I am pretty firm on not having a c-section unless necessary, but I don't see breech as "necessary".  

Quoting doulala:

Be sure to check out

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting doulala:

PEEK05
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I don't know but my daughter was transverse until 36 weeks and the pain was soooooo bad in my back.  Since she's moved, it still hurts but not like before.  There was a huge pain relief lifted from my back!

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

oh, and I'm checking out spinning babies right now.  I hope it works better then what we have been doing.  I don't know what it is she is pinching with her feet.. its not my sciatic nerve.. its not that jolt of electric pain.. whatever she keeps kicking makes right side of my groin and the top of my right thigh contract, or cramp down really hard.. my uterus for the most part stays during these "camps".. so I have no idea what the hell she is kicking.  it literally makes me double over in pain... which makes me feel like a wimp since normal labor contractions don't even do that. 

Quoting doulala:

Be sure to check out

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN