Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mirror Birth?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 61 Replies

I have been curious about what people would think about a mirror birth. I was 16 when I first had my first child, so I was kinda scared of giving labor and seeing it. I wouldn't even let my dad film down there. I wanted to keep my ideas open and get any type of feedback. I would like to see my child through a mirror, but might just make me faint.lol.

I am heading to bed so, if i don't respond I will first thing in the morning.

-amy

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyde3boys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I haven't done this with my 3 boys but with this baby I might! Thanks for bringing this up because I forgot all about being able to "see" the birth!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I am too preoccupied to watch.  And I birth on my hands and knees which makes seeing anything difficult.

mommyde3boys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Oh and I think it's cool for whoever wants to do it! You can always tell them to move it away if you change your mind during birth(:
Amyt0218
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Your very welcome! I am alittle nervous about doing it. I think it would be neat to see the birth.

Quoting mommyde3boys:

I haven't done this with my 3 boys but with this baby I might! Thanks for bringing this up because I forgot all about being able to "see" the birth!

PEEK05
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not something I'd ever be interested in

Amyt0218
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

WOW, Hands and knees. It wouldn't be possible for me to accomplished that. smile

Quoting Heather2001:

I am too preoccupied to watch.  And I birth on my hands and knees which makes seeing anything difficult.

mommyde3boys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how was it giving birth on your hands and knees? Do you have another lo that you birthed laying down? If so, which was better for you? Sorry for so many questions!

Quoting Heather2001:

mommyde3boys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Me too! (:

Quoting Amyt0218:

Your very welcome! I am alittle nervous about doing it. I think it would be neat to see the birth.

Quoting mommyde3boys:

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM

It was so much easier and less painful to birth that way, really.  I was on my back with my daughter and it took nearly 4 horus to push her out and I ended up tearing BAD.  Both sons I borthed on my hands and knees and they came out much faster - my biggest baby, 9lbs6oz - didn't even leave a scratch.

Quoting Amyt0218:

WOW, Hands and knees. It wouldn't be possible for me to accomplished that. smile

Quoting Heather2001:

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I just answered this above, but it's SO SO much easier than giving birth on your back!  I had my daughter while lying down and it was terrible.  One of my sons was posterior and he slide right out while I was on my hands and knees.  Then my larger son came pretty fast, too, and I didn't tear or anything with him.  TOTALLY recommend it.

Quoting mommyde3boys:

If you don't mind me asking, how was it giving birth on your hands and knees? Do you have another lo that you birthed laying down? If so, which was better for you? Sorry for so many questions!

Quoting Heather2001:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN