Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First Time Baby Wearing..?!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 22 Replies
I plan to wear this baby. Help! I know literally nothing about baby wearing. What are the basics of newborn/infant baby wearing? Whats the best semi inexpencive sling wrap or whatever? Thanks for the help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I've tried several styles of wrap/sling & the moby wrap is my favorite. All styles are a bit pricey, so I buy mine from eBay. There are a lot of YouTube videos. I would suggest watching to get an idea of what you think might work best for you
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I love love love my moby wrap! It is around $40, well worth the investment I think. Easy to nurse baby discreetly in it also. Several different ways to wrap it and very comfortable for mom and baby. (at least my dd seemed to like it, cried when I took her out sometimes even if I continued to hold her lol)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I havent tried any of mine yet but I have a homemade sling and moby wrap. I made 3 moby wraps for $25.
WonderWomanSV
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

You can go to sevensling.com and use Promo code BABIESONLINE to get a great discount. I got a $50 sling for 15.40 today! This will be my first time baby wearing too. I just checked out the prices on Mobys on ebay. There are great deals on there.

BabyFetus Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this
I own over 10 slings/wraps/carriers but the best two are the moby for newborns and the ergo starting around 4 months. My youngest is 3 1/2 and still goes in the ergo often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

:-D

Quoting mommy2casidee:

I own over 10 slings/wraps/carriers but the best two are the moby for newborns and the ergo starting around 4 months. My youngest is 3 1/2 and still goes in the ergo often.

Me too!   (only I used pouches earlier)

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I have 2 hotslings, a sevensling (although I've heard they aren't great) a moby and a ring sling.  My ring sling and the sevensling are new.  I love my moby (although I never used it at the newborn stage) and my hotsling.  When slinging a newborn the best advice I can give is make sure their chin is not tucked in, that's what causes baby's to stop breathing.  I've worn my last 2 children, and now I can't see why I didn't to start with.

Victoriaoh
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I got a sevensling with the promo of only paying shipping. My dd hates it. She is 5 weeks old. So, I looked into other options and found the mei tai. She loves it!
mom_to_kenzie
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I LOVE my Moby from birth until kiddo starts to really squirm and then I switched to an infantino carrier (it was kind of similar to an ergo I think--ive heard good things about those too). I used mine mainly for airport travel when DS started to get older so it's whatever works best for you. The Moby has many configurations that you can do.
alliesaurus
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I made myself a moby wrap...for about $10. It's just 5yards of fabric. No sewing needed.lol

You tube has great tutorials on how to wrap it..

just put baby in and go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)