Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Really nervous. Update

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and I have my first appointment with a new obgyn. We had to move so I have to change doctors. I know they can get my records but I'm nervous. I liked my doctors. I trust them and I was comfortable with them. What if I don't like this doctor? I've called around this is the first one that will take me since I'm so far along.

*** The appointment went well. :) It is a good doctor office. They did schedule me for an ultrasound later this week and they put me on pelvic rest. :( But they said everything seems ok and I go back in two weeks!***
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

GOOD LUCK!

babylove041810
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thanks!

Quoting mem82:

GOOD LUCK!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

You can interview others and see this one while you are waiting, if you want.

Who will come with you?

babylove041810
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Dh is going tomorrow but my mom and grandma would come if I asked. There aren't many to interview. I've called almost all of them and they've all said they won't take me as a patient since I'm so far along.

Quoting doulala:

You can interview others and see this one while you are waiting, if you want.

Who will come with you?

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Do your best to get what you need out of your appointment, make sure you feel like you are getting what you came for.

;-)

GL!

babylove041810
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Thanks. Even if they're not amazing at least I have someone. I guess I don't have to like them as much as trust them and hopefully everything will work out.

Quoting doulala:

Do your best to get what you need out of your appointment, make sure you feel like you are getting what you came for.

;-)

GL!

Roe1993
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Good luck. I hope everything goes well!

CafeMom Tickers
lulu_tattoos
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM
While having a care provider that you trust with your birth is important, its equally important to use your voice. Know your rights and don't be afraid to be assertive. If you disagree with your dr's advice, don't take it. If you'd rather not undergo a procedure, decline it. They cannot force you into ANYTHING.

Are you high risk, or would a midwife or a family practice physician be a possible course of care for this pregnancy? Ob's are great for women with risks and complications but they're certainly not the only (or even best) source of care for normal healthy pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I'm high risk. :(

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

While having a care provider that you trust with your birth is important, its equally important to use your voice. Know your rights and don't be afraid to be assertive. If you disagree with your dr's advice, don't take it. If you'd rather not undergo a procedure, decline it. They cannot force you into ANYTHING.

Are you high risk, or would a midwife or a family practice physician be a possible course of care for this pregnancy? Ob's are great for women with risks and complications but they're certainly not the only (or even best) source of care for normal healthy pregnancies.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

If you don't like this doctor, just keep looking, you still have time. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN