Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy insomnia

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 1 Replies

How do YOU relax so you can sleep?And, how is this pregnancy different from your first or second, etc?

I feel more confident during this pregnancy! I also think this is because I have such a great care provider who has gone out of her way to ease my fears and make me feel comfortable and confident! Day and night care from ob vs. midwife. I know what to expect with a natural childbirth, the learning curve breastfeeding has and how my body makes milk. I have a oversupply (7-10 oz per a breast with even manual expression!), with forceful letdown. I know NOW what to look for with problems with breastfeeding. I also can control my heartburn with an elimation diet that my midwife put me on so I know now what provokes it (which didn't happen with my son), and no braxton-hick contractions like other women in the same week or infront or behind me are talking about but I am no longer working 14 hour shifts with only two breaks. It feels so insane to be closing in in a week on my second trimester.

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mrsniebo
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Having a good mattress seems to make it easier for me to sleep. We replaced our spring mattress with a memory foam when DD was a few months old and has made such a difference. I'm no longer waking up with such bad hip and back pain.

I feel more confident with this pregnancy, since I have a better idea of what to expect. (Inevitably, not everything will be exactly the same.) After having been through an induction due to low fluid and a posterior baby, I am more determined to avoid pitocin and unnecessary interventions (including epidural). I'm so glad to be down to the last 7ish weeks of my pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)