Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Be Careful What You Wish For

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 1 Replies

On December 19th I gave birth to my son on his due date. The funny thing is I went in for the tour the day before. I had been talking on CM since the beginning on this pregnancy I wanted to try and go natural. I had a bad epidural with my third son that messed up my back. Well in my last trimester I was not a happy camper. Sciatica, round ligament pain, indigestion, heartburn and braxton-hicks made me very uncomfortable. I went from being 115 lbs to 183 lbs. My messed up back and joints were screaming. I told myself I would not induce, but was reconsidering going natural.
 Around 8 am I started to feel cramps. Around noon (TMI) I had diarrhea and my mucus plug fell out. When I got to the hospital at 4pm I wanted my epi. I begged and pleaded for it. They told me I had to finish two bags of liquid before I could get my epi. I waited and watched those bags like a hawk. Finally they were empty and the epi man came in around 5:30 pm. I knew something went wrong when a pain went straight down my back and my right leg. The epi worked so/so but I could feel pain around an old scar. I told the nurses that when I get my epi that I will dilate fast since I was only 1cm when I came in.
 Then I started to feel a lot of pain. I buzzed for the nursed and told her I think I needed to be checked. I was 8 cm and my water had not broke yet. The doctor came in and broke my water which had meconium.
It was time to push and I was in extreme pain. I told the nurse to tell the doctor to just use the forceps. It was like I was at a pain plateau that I could not push pass. The nurse told me to get mad and push, not scream. Well that is really hard to do especially since I started having heart burn at the same time. I pushed half ass during some of my pushes because I let out a scream, but finally I started pushing somewhat better when I saw his head crowning. The pain just felt too intense to deal with, but I started pushing harder and better and after 30 minutes of pushing at 8:28 pm Nicolas was born 9 lbs 20.5 inches.

I was not giving pitocin during my labor which I think is awesome but was giving it afterwards. So in a way I kind of experienced a natural delivery. I had about a 90 minute repreive from pain during my 12 hour labor.

A funny side note- My pastor was in the waiting room during my delivery and said he could hear me. LOL!

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I had a bad epi with my first too. 19 hours of labor and about half an hour of pain relief from the epi. It was awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN