Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there something wrong with this hpt?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just took this test and in my opinion it looks a little gross to actually be positve, I think the color is off on it or something. What do you all think?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting toopicky429:

It looks faulty. I would retest with a different brand. Good luck!

Kmommy2011
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would defintely switch dr offices! Their is no way a hpt would give a false positive so many times... You are pregnant!

Quoting nikki554:

yes along with three from the dollar store. I have the three from the dollar store still and a pic of one of the 88 cent walmart ones. When the doctor told me that the blood dont lie I just kinda tossed it out of my mind. And I though this woman went through alot of schooling to stand in front of me and give me advise, why not trust what she is saying to me. But since the blood test on the 16 I have not been able to just forget that I have had positve tests. I dont know if I should try to get a second opinion or maybe just another blood test. I just feel like an idiot because I can not forget it and put it out of my mind. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikki554
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Yes ma'am. My last period was the week of christmas. I think the first day was the 20/21. Here is a pic of the three tests from the dollar store. I know I am supposed to throw them away, but I wanted to show the doctor that I am not reading them wrong.

Quoting avaana06:

So all of your tests were positive except your blood test. When was your last period?

Quoting nikki554:

yes along with three from the dollar store. I have the three from the dollar store still and a pic of one of the 88 cent walmart ones. When the doctor told me that the blood dont lie I just kinda tossed it out of my mind. And I though this woman went through alot of schooling to stand in front of me and give me advise, why not trust what she is saying to me. But since the blood test on the 16 I have not been able to just forget that I have had positve tests. I dont know if I should try to get a second opinion or maybe just another blood test. I just feel like an idiot because I can not forget it and put it out of my mind. 

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
It depends on which blood test they did on her. One test gives a positive or negative result, and one gives HCG numbers which is more accurate. Home tests are more sensitive than urine tests at the doctors office. The photo posted is not positive. It is a faulty test. The dye should not bleed across the test like that.

Quoting Kmommy2011:

I would defintely switch dr offices! Their is no way a hpt would give a false positive so many times... You are pregnant!

Quoting nikki554:

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
These tests are positive. :)

Quoting nikki554:

Yes ma'am. My last period was the week of christmas. I think the first day was the 20/21. Here is a pic of the three tests from the dollar store. I know I am supposed to throw them away, but I wanted to show the doctor that I am not reading them wrong.

Quoting avaana06:

So all of your tests were positive except your blood test. When was your last period?

Quoting nikki554:

mommyof2kids306
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Buy a different test and retest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Just now saw this your pregnant

Quoting nikki554:

Quoting avaana06:

Quoting nikki554:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Looks like a BFP, to me! Congrats! 

lovejessierae
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM
i would say pregnant all of my test had bright posotive line light negative lines... I have a 8 month old son and pregnant again, just not sure how far along i am i find that out on the 7th of feb... And my mom also said it looks like a pos
luvhubandbabys
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a digital see wat it says
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured